Raven Helix Spinning rods

Eazy

Just looking at the Raven Helix 9'6" Salmon/Steelhead rods, curious if anyone has any input from their experience with these rods.

Previously was looking at the St Croix Avid rods, but they would land me close to $400 poorer.....lol. The Ravens are about half that, but wondering if the price difference is closely related to the quality difference???

My buddy bought the same model this fall for bottom bouncing on the Niagara. He absolutely loves it. I purchased a 9 ft 6 Fenwick in the same price range and found that the Raven was way better. I ended up returning the Fenwick. I used the Raven for a couple of drifts and thought it was a great rod for the price. From past experienced with Raven, they have an excellent warranty as well

6 hours ago, msp said:

My buddy bought the same model this fall for bottom bouncing on the Niagara. He absolutely loves it. I purchased a 9 ft 6 Fenwick in the same price range and found that the Raven was way better. I ended up returning the Fenwick. I used the Raven for a couple of drifts and thought it was a great rod for the price. From past experienced with Raven, they have an excellent warranty as well

They make some good sticks and the price is definitely right.

Okuma sst's are great sticks for the money. The 9'6" ML and 10'6" ML are my go to hardware rods for Steelies. The ML's are great for tossing spinners, cranks and swinging spoons just about anywhere. The 10'6" M makes a nice spoon rod for big waters and will handle pier chucking for Chinnys nicely as well. I've picked up several for $100-$120 on amazon 

Josh