Mississippi Lake

Justin C

Hey Justin,

I fish tournaments on Mississippi about once a year in the summer months. It is a very fun lake to fish. I target bass so am typically fishing shallow for largemouth are a bit deeper for smallmouth. I have seen the occasional pike in there too.

What type of information are you looking for?

Edited by Lape0019

Ok Thanks  Lape0019 

Yes i have fished at the town launch there before.

I have found one good spot at a public launch at the other side of the lake. The directions to get there are this:  You driving towards Perth on highway 7 turn of onto Con Rd 9A there is a public ramp there to fish from great spot. If anyone else knows a good spot for shore fishing and wants to help me it would be much appreciated as i am a beginner and do not know a lot about the lake.

https://www.anglersatlas.com/place/102347/mississippi-lake

Justin, there appears to be a couple of parks on the north end of the lake - river, both might have shoreline access? Here in Ohio that would be one of our bigger inland lakes, take a look on youtube, there are more videos of people fishing there. Not having a boat can limit you badly, but you can probably still catch fish and maybe you can hook up with some one fishing there with a boat that might not rather fish alone? LOL, if it was 2 minutes from my home and I could still fish I would be there!

Justin, fishing a lizard is basically just like fishing a worm, just a bigger profile to the bait so, just my experience that the average fish tend to be a little bigger. A fan of Zoom lizards and Zoom u-tail worms myself, cheap and they caught fish, and you can just put them on a ball or mushroom style jig head and swim them over weeds and catch fish, even swimming them texas rigged slowly with just enough weight to keep them down will work.

Justin, here is a video,   there are more out there.

I usually used this style of jig head,  http://www.lurepartsonline.com/Online-Store/Worm-Jigs/Barbarian-Bullet-Nose-Jigs.html

finding jig heads with a stronger hook than your typical Aberdeen hook in them used to be a problem. An exposed hook gives you a better hook up ratio, although that never seemed a problem for me even when texas rigging them.

If fishing crappie you have to get permission. lol. 

Anyways, lake is super busy, holds all the above mentioned fish but even though it's the closest lake to my place, I still never fish it anymore.  Come summer it gets beaten to death... but guess the odd good one still gets caught.  Go for a drive and try different scenic spots you might be able to access along the river.  It goes for miles man...