2019 Fishing Outdoors Card - are they shipping yet?

LeXXington

Hi All:

First I know

Licence Summary

If you are waiting for your Outdoors Card to come in the mail, you can carry your License Summary given to you at the time of purchase to immediately go fishing or hunting. You can carry it in a paper or digital format (for example, on a smartphone).

Just wondering if anyone has received physical  2019 Card yet?

• 1 month later...

I ordered my new card on Dec 16th and it just came in the mail a week or so ago.  To my surprise, the new card does have the 3 year fishing sticker on the back so that is all I need to carry if I'm fishing which is nice.

One thing I misunderstood with all the changes was that all you needed to carry was a digital copy of your license summary on your phone and you were good to go.  A CO who stopped me last week said I had to have the outdoors card in addition to either a paper or digital copy of the license summary for hunting or fishing (unless you have the 3 year sticker on your card of course).  I didn't think this was true but just confirmed on page 6 of the new regs that this is in fact the case. You need your outdoors card with you at all times plus whatever proof you need for other licenses.   Thankfully the CO was an understanding man...     

Edited by G.mech

Ordered my NY fishing license at the same time as my Ont one. Received my NY license in the mail 9 days later,  Ont one still has yet to arrive and I am sure the waiting has just begun! At least I have this nice piece of paper that I am sure will last.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, misfish said:

It,s on my cell. All that matters. I,ll lose the card anyways. LOL

Just a heads up.I was checked this week, and my phone had died. The CO wasn't going to let me go without seeing my license. I had to log in to my email on  Loris phone and dig it out, or i was getting a $244 fine. He was being a bit of a jerk, but whatever, I got it thru my email and was good to go. I printed the paper copy for next time. He wouldn't look it up for me, said I had to prove to him I had a license.....

S. 

2 hours ago, Sinker said:

Just a heads up.I was checked this week, and my phone had died. The CO wasn't going to let me go without seeing my license. I had to log in to my email on  Loris phone and dig it out, or i was getting a $244 fine. He was being a bit of a jerk, but whatever, I got it thru my email and was good to go. I printed the paper copy for next time. He wouldn't look it up for me, said I had to prove to him I had a license.....

S. 

All depends on the guy eh? From a warning to not having a licence to a ticket for having it but not being able to produce. Boggles the mind. 

Shane,

If I went  through what you did,I would be more then glad to argue with him and take the ticket,then tell the judge what a crook of  you know what this government is.  What a joke this MNR has become.  Wake up.

To add,I do have the print off in my rod bag. I could play the game oh wait,I have it right here.

DICK

I am usually an easy going guy,but this  crap need to stop.

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

Well, he thought for sure he had me, so I really wanted to prove him wrong. He was being a bit of a goof though.....whatever....the system is totally stupid. Who even made the decision to make it that way? Do they even fish? 

My time is worth more to me, because I'm not spending a day in court, when I could be fishing LOL.....

S. 

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

My time is worth more to me, because I'm not spending a day in court, when I could be fishing LOL..

Sometimes,it takes a stand, to get things rolling. Like I said,I would and will, if I have too. But like said,always have a back up in my rod bag. It,s with me all the time. Cant go fishing with out rods,right? LOL

Edited by misfish