misfish

Well that was fun

Finally got on the bay this morning. To my surprise,we had 5-6 " of solid black ice. Managed a bunch of herring and a whitie. Lost one near the hole. Fished with a bunch of buddies.

DSCF4578.thumb.JPG.205726d9be7ff98683d7199bd44f22dc.JPG

DSCF4582.thumb.JPG.ca652932d7db8428736d39b7da5f0b12.JPG

My oldest even made it out this morning with us. 

DSCF4585.thumb.JPG.c1c7eaccda98f6a561c7940271654f72.JPG

Terry having a nap

DSCF4579.thumb.JPG.dbd58a0e5729f00a7e77259c7dd37ae2.JPG

Hey fishfarmer, it,s still getting used. Gave it to my son.

DSCF4581.thumb.JPG.8097f034518c07cc8b7075a0879ca2ba.JPG

DSCF4584.thumb.JPG.7dcfd51e3f78900330986936e4453b7d.JPG

• Like 1

I was working in Barrie today.   I noticed that the huts all seemed to be on the south side of the bay.   Is that because the ice is safer; or, because the fishing is better there?  I am hoping to get out on the bay after work a few times.  I am working on the north side of the bay.

15 hours ago, John Bacon said:

I was working in Barrie today.   I noticed that the huts all seemed to be on the south side of the bay.   Is that because the ice is safer; or, because the fishing is better there?  I am hoping to get out on the bay after work a few times.  I am working on the north side of the bay.

Hey John

It,s the best ice in the bay right now as it,s been solid up for a week. The fishing is ok. It,s my first ice spot til other areas firm up. It made another 1.5 " over night, -18 at 6am this morning when I was all set up.  I was sitting in the same area as yesterday and had 7" this morning.  It,s not the same all over. Knowing the bay and it,s habits is a big plus.

Another nice thing about this spot is parents can take their kids out . Not a long walk and can catch perch,herring ,smelt and white fish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, irishfield said:

HEY... Lloyd's looking for that chair ! :ph34r:

not that chair, the bigger one that goes in my clam

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Terry said:

I wasn’t having a nap. Turkey. LOL 

it was good to get out 

Sure looks like you are pulling a Roy...! 

• Haha 1

I had the camera  down and the monitor in my lap   It was -14 I think I would have froze to death if I fell asleep.  Lol 

48 minutes ago, Terry said:

I   It was -14 I think I would have froze to death if I fell asleep.  Lol 

I still would of dragged your sorry ass off the ice and brought you home, then drove the yamadoo  home. .:good: ..

Edited by misfish
  • Haha 1

Hi Bro, that's great your son has it, hope he has the luck I had with it. Wish now I should have kept it. That Clam Scout I bought is a little small for 3 holes, one for trans, 2 to fish and with heater, it's tight.

Seeing you guys have ice, I may have to make the trek up to Simcoe. I don't think we'll get safe ice for the harbor here and Long Point is going to be iffy.

Love to do the Whitie thing one day. All I need to see now is seeing you with a couple flopping around your feet:D:good:will just get me craving.:wallbash::thumbsup_anim:

1 hour ago, Beans said:

Just had to share...

Had a permanent hut for years on Simcoe and you wouldn't believe the stuff that happened to my hut, your joke was one of them.

Little to say I had to move it, wife was pretty disgusted.:wallbash::D

what a beauty weekend it was, not a cloud in the sky and crisp -20 mornings and dead calm -10 sunny afternoons. I swear to god it feels 100 times warmer when its -10 sunny and calm then when its 0 and cloudy. My buddy couldnt help falling asleep either, those sunny afternoons called for a nap.

I even got a sunburn, and met a local who directed me the way of a bush trail that I was not aware of that allows me to fish in one of my favourite fishing grounds.

Lots of people were concerned about this ice season, i think we are just getting started on a long hardwater season. Time will tell!

On 1/13/2019 at 12:55 PM, misfish said:

Hey John

It,s the best ice in the bay right now as it,s been solid up for a week. The fishing is ok. It,s my first ice spot til other areas firm up. It made another 1.5 " over night, -18 at 6am this morning when I was all set up.  I was sitting in the same area as yesterday and had 7" this morning.  It,s not the same all over. Knowing the bay and it,s habits is a big plus.

Another nice thing about this spot is parents can take their kids out . Not a long walk and can catch perch,herring ,smelt and white fish.

Thanks, the north side will probably be safe by the time I can get out.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:29 AM, Fish Farmer said:

Love to do the Whitie thing one day. All I need to see now is seeing you with a couple flopping around your feet:D:good:will just get me craving.:wallbash::thumbsup_anim:

I,ll do my best this weekend brudder. :Gonefishing: