Did you feel the bump ?

lew

I'm in the Kawarthas near Burleigh Falls & was sitting here yesterday afternoon and felt a big bump and the whole house shook and you could hear things rattling. My wife was in the other room and came out and asked "what the heck was that"

My 1st thought was someone driving up the driveway and hit the house. Took a look around and nobody there so I went thru the house and everything was fine. A couple neighbors felt it too I but have no idea what it was other than maybe a mini-quake.

Crazy stuff for sure.

Edited by lew

Thanks for the link Paul, some interesting reading there. 

Not many earthquakes around here and certainly no big ones, but every once in awhile there'll be a little bump and I'm guessing that's what we felt yesterday. I was just talking to another neighbour and she felt it too so at least it wasn't my old brain playing tricks on me.

Lew there is a fault in the Ottawa Valley which is active and one south of Toronto under Lake Ontario there may have been a shift.

A few years back there was one shift that was felt all around us. Here is a chart where movement can/has happened. See that dot near Peterborough under you house lol.

5AE9A504-CAE9-48E3-A07F-61C303A6BFB7.gif

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lew said:

Thanks for the link Paul, some interesting reading there. 

Not many earthquakes around here and certainly no big ones, but every once in awhile there'll be a little bump and I'm guessing that's what we felt yesterday. I was just talking to another neighbour and she felt it too so at least it wasn't my old brain playing tricks on me.

I guess we get small ones in my area too Lew,  I have never felt one though in the past, and now I couldn't tell from my normal shaking. LOL

3 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Lew there is a fault in the Ottawa Valley which is active and one south of Toronto under Lake Ontario there may have been a shift.

A few years back there was one shift that was felt all around us. Here is a chart where movement can/has happened. See that dot near Peterborough under you house lol.

5AE9A504-CAE9-48E3-A07F-61C303A6BFB7.gif

There's plenty of seismic activity in the greater GTA. I've felt many a big bang, shake over the decades. They're not annual or frequent, but again not irregular. An active fault line does exist apparently under Lake O.

Speil , make sure you are not tying an eye when this happens! I have only felt one,  my office was on the shore of Lake Ontario, but felt one more inland above Hwy 7. Shake it when you can,  there is nothing we can do.

Lew  don’t worry we will be fine.

• Like 1