Livescope: Yay or Nay

FishFishing

I have not seen one in person so I dont know yet

I have the panoptix with the PS22-TR transducer  and it is great to about 35 feet deep, then i find it doesnt work as well

so i would want to try the livescope before i spend 2000.00 just for the transducer module addon

Only thing I would worry about is the fact that without a doubt lowrance or Humminbird are doing their absolute best to try and copycat it and as such the price will definitely drop.

if you’ve got the dough it’s by far the craziest thing on the market right now and for sure isn’t a fad. You can’t argue with 3d live imaging

I think it depends more on how you fish and if you already have Garmin units. For me, it is cool and I went fishing out of my boat with a guy who has panoptics on his and every time I would catch a fish, he would say "this is where I would use it to pan over there and see where the rest of them are". Well... He said something a lot more sarcastic but this works lol.

Persoanlly, I do not have Garmins and do not see it being cost effective to switch over to get this feature. I personally do not fish deep enough, often enough for this to be any use for me personally.

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

At the end of the day, a regular sonar marks the same fish. I can see some advantage to finding fish further away, for sure, but when vertical, its just a cooler picture and that's all. 

S. 

hmmm I would argue no, but its more about how friggin expensive it is. This is far more than a pretty image, this is pretty game changing.

Heres a really good explanation of how it works...once again by none other than Mr AAron Weibe of course

On 1/11/2019 at 4:53 PM, Terry said:

I have not seen one in person so I dont know yet

I have the panoptix with the PS22-TR transducer  and it is great to about 35 feet deep, then i find it doesnt work as well

so i would want to try the livescope before i spend 2000.00 just for the transducer module addon

Great info Terry. I’m really on the fence about getting the combo you have (without livescope). Kind of disappointed reading it doesn’t work so great in deep water (I do fish K-bay), but I’m more interested in having the ability to see drop offs and various underwater structures without drilling a ton of holes every 10 feet. Even the Navionics maps are way off on some of the lakes that I ice fish.

For soft water, I’d like to try using it off the pier for staging salmon, from shore for carp, around dams and locks for walleyes. Maybe stick the transducer onto a pole and probe deep pools on rivers for steelhead. There’s a bunch of applications I would love to try Panoptix on.

11 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

First mistake in sonars, is thinking that they are for finding fish. They are for finding things that fish like primarily. If you mark a fish as well good for you lol

That's all dependent on what you're fishing for.   Sometimes I'm looking for rock piles/weed edges..  Sometimes I'm looking for active fish (Fall suspended smallies or lakers are a perfect example)

14 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

First mistake in sonars, is thinking that they are for finding fish. They are for finding things that fish like primarily. If you mark a fish as well good for you lol

Fishing for summer lake trout that is all I am using my sonar for. I don't agree with this statement at all! lol.  Sonar for fish finding - DI and SI for structure. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BassMan11 said:

Fishing for summer lake trout that is all I am using my sonar for. I don't agree with this statement at all! lol.  Sonar for fish finding - DI and SI for structure. 

Yes. When I out floating about, I am looking for the fish. :Gonefishing: