Travel rod recommendations

Weeds

Been ages since I posted although still frequently check out the board. Was hoping to get a few opinions regarding a good travel rod. I know that’s a vague question , kinda like asking what’s a good multi purpose do it all rod, but all the same I’ve been lucky enough to be on vacation a few times recently (Florida and Mexico) and found myself without a rod. I’d  love to have something that would qualify as carry on baggage, although I could check it providing it wouldn’t lead to too much extra hassle at the airport. I could always make a hard case out of pvc piping and take a rod I already own I guess. Anybody been through this?

I’m thinking that’s probably still to open ended a question and I should provide a little more info. Would love to be able to fish a Florida pond for bass but be able to chuck something out into the ocean surf for whatever. Possible? 

I can solve that issue for you once and for all. You can have my “Shimano EXAGE S.T.C. TE comes with a hard case, rod bag, guide guard and the telescopic rod. I haven’t used it for awhile. Been too busy with life. It’s in great condition. Just have to find away to get it to you. ??? 

Let me know “If you want it.” 

dsn

925E6AC5-EEC7-47FA-820A-98FAA4AB909B.jpeg

• Like 2

Holy smokes!! Wow, dude, I caught my first carp with, and thanks, to you! Back when the world, and ofc, were young! Grass was geener, mountains taller and children kinder! Before I even had one of my own. Been many years! Thought of a telescopic rod hadn’t even crossed my mind funnily enough. I’ll pm you some contact info and we will figure things out. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Weeds said:

Holy smokes!! Wow, dude, I caught my first carp with, and thanks, to you! Back when the world, and ofc, were young! Grass was geener, mountains taller and children kinder! Before I even had one of my own. Been many years! Thought of a telescopic rod hadn’t even crossed my mind funnily enough. I’ll pm you some contact info and we will figure things out. Thanks!

No problem. Yes true people were a lot kinder.

You’re welcome! 

dsn???

• Like 1