NF NF back up camera

ketchenany

When I bought my truck it's the one option I wished I had included.

I contacted the service department and asked them to get me a price on having one installed.

They were to call me back but after a few days not hearing from them I started looking elsewhere.

I ended up buying this one:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07425TPBT/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1

I'm certainly not very mechanically skilled and was able to easily install it myself in about 30 minutes.

I've been using it for over a year now without any issues and actually bought a second one for my wife's vehicle.

1 hour ago, ketchenany said:

Has anyone had one installed. After market? I would like to have one put in. Any thoughts. $$$  any buy it and have it installed or let them do it all. I have a  Jeep  Cherokee 2016. DIY  . . .

Thanks

Probably go with the one above for the price.  If I'm not mistaken the OEM one is around $400.

I had an old licence plate style camera the kids bought me for Christmas one year, before back up cameras were really a thing. Sat in the box for years in the shop, but I found a GOOD use for it finally.

As said above, I'd just buy an aftermarket and install it how you wish for a 1/4 the cost or less than OEM.

enclosedatlastrailer24 240.JPG

enclosedatlastrailer24 244.JPG

beerestorationfall2018 033.JPG

I wish. If you could see the rear end of my 2011 Silverado I am in need of a back up camera, badly. I'm constantly told "it's just a truck." The truck doesn't have a big built in screen, buddy's Silverado doesn't either and the little screen on the dash is almost impossible to see so no camera for me. 1 little knick on my wife's baby and it's on my list of to do's. 

Albert sorry but I can't help myself, since it's a Jeep who cares what damage you might do to it. I said sorry. I can see how a camera can be a safety thing so not to run something over backing up. By the way I have owner no less than 3 Jeeps, 2 old YJ's and a Cherokee. One YJ wouldn't start if it was raining 30 miles away. I carried a spare starter (3 easy to get to bolts and 3 wires) a spare battery and a few cans of WD 40. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I have had three also A 1995  Grand  C Lorado ran amazingly sold it at 276,000 buyer was going to use it for parts until he saw it! Got a Compass, a bit to small ad it went three years ago in perfect running condition. Dealer took it! This one is great also only 40,000 in nearly three years and not a scratch on it . Twisting my neck is not like it used to be lol and I have driven my kids cars and they all have them and find them helpful. BTW never had them over 120 and oil was changes every 90 day neeed or not. The new one is on a meter and it tells me when.

The YJ's sure were fun. Had a hardtop and those little beasts were 30C in the winter after a few minutes. Top off in May and stayed off all summer, 3rd vehicle by then. Took the doors off, top down and even folded the windshield down and go on road trips. Got caught one summers night when the temp dropped, froze all the way from Port Stanly to the cottage with no windshield, doors or top, no tools to bolt the windshield back up either. 2 hour drive in shorts and T shirts.  All the nieces were little tikes then and always wanted to go for a ride. I would take them along the lakeshore here. There is one spot at the end of Stoney Creek here in Selkirk that is a foot deep for a few hundred yards into the lake. I would take the thing into the lake a few hundred feet and they would loose it. Fun times we will never forget. We had all 18 over during the holidays and were reminiscing, my 91 year old Father as well, 4 generations. I told them it's time to make new fun times.  My wife was looking for a new ride this past spring. Looked at newer CJ's(?) as she wanted a rag top. My back wouldn't take it and they sure hold their value. There are some serious YJ owners clubs out there. One I traded for plywood, the other I don't remember where it ended up. I traded in the Cherokee towards a used Beemer.

I've never had the YJ's go much over 100KPH, at that speed it sounded like it was going to come apart. My wife has I'm sure. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

4 hours ago, misfish said:

Still need to stop by and see that machine. The Dodge that is. :good:

2100 hours in it so far Brian.. almost there and have to get it done. Daughter #2 expects to be driven to the alter in it this summer. Back to the paint shop for cut and buff week of the 21st.

beerestorationfall2018 1519.JPG

beerestoration2018 761.JPG

beerestoration2018 766.JPG

beerestoration2018 1262.JPG

16 minutes ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

Even has a period correct battery under the hood.  ??

Thanks Dave and then some (cap colour and script are even car line specific and correct). ! Also has correct date coded pentastar mufflers and all parts on the car are installed with correct assembly line parts and fasteners.

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 1