For Sale: Vintage Horrocks-Ibbotson Black River Split Cane Fishing Rod 5-1/2 foot 3pc 1940’s

For Sale: Vintage Horrocks-Ibbotson Black River Split Cane Fishing Rod 5-1/2 foot 3pc 1940’s

Offered here in good to excellent condition is a 5-1/2 foot 3-piece split cane fishing rod made in the early 40’s by Horrocks-Ibbotson – one of America's largest production rod companies for many years, competing head-to-head with Montague and South Bend. This is a combination spinning-fly casting rod – the handle section is reversible so you can use either a fly or spinning reel. The Black River signature identifies the model. Varnish is in good condition. Wraps are bright and intact under the varnish coat. Made in Utica, NY.

Rods after 1939 had the fanciest of all H-I decals featuring a bright red H-I on a white diamond and accompanied by two banners reading Fish Rod and Genuine Tonkin Cane, as does this one, so that makes it 1940+

If seriously interested, reply with phone number and day(s) and time(s) you can come by.
Pick up is in Mississauga.
I'll reply with my phone number, address and time(s) that work best for both of us.