I know it's early but

Big Cliff

Two things:

First; last year in the spring my son came for a visit and we decided to go see if we could catch a rainbow (my son has never caught one before and I was hoping to give him that thrill).

We headed down to the ganny thinking that we could get some roe from the local bait shop only to find it was closed, I tried every where I could think of, even asking many of the guys already fishing if I could beg/borrow/buy even one or two roe sacks but not one person was willing to help me out.

So, this year I figured I would ask early and see if any of you might have a bit of roe that I could beg/borrow/swap/...... I don't need much, just enough to tie a few row sacks and then let the fishing gods do their will. please!

Second; two years ago my son and I did a fly in for walleye and we had a blast, (100 fish was a slow day) he is going to be tied up with work all this summer but I was thinking I would like to do another fly-in/drive-in walleye trip this summer. I was just wondering if anyone was interested in putting something together for a week this spring/summer? If so, let me know what you are thinking. About the only thing I am fussy about is smoking in doors or confined spaces, smoke really chokes me up. other than that I just like to eat, fish, and relax!

Big Cliff

4 hours ago, Big Cliff said:

even asking many of the guys already fishing if I could beg/borrow/buy even one or two roe sacks but not one person was willing to help me out.

This is just plain ignorance by them. I offer up what ever I can to help a fellow angler. I even have one that I gave a few beads too. He never stops thanking me. Maybe cuz he catching fish on them. LOL

Hope all is well Cliff.

Thanks for the invite. Does that invitation include me? If so watch what you wish for. I know someone here is going to join you. I would but the way things with my body have been lately I would need to take a Nurse along. Maybe that's not a bad idea. 

I can't believe not 1 jerk would give you a roe bag. Canadians are supposed to be kind, polite and giving.  You should have told them who you are and that you are connected. With all the fantastic folks on this site you are going to be up to your neck in roe bags.  Someone is going to take you up on the offer and you will have a great trip. 

14 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Welcome back Cliff. 

If you are thinking  of an ice trip on Simcoe for perch I may be interested. I’m off Mondays now.

Keep well.

Albert

Hey Albert, 

Do you have any more of those buckets you want to get rid of? Those are great pails. Perfect for what I use them for. I'd love to find more like that. If you guys hook up, let me know and I will send some goodies your way. I'm also beekeeping now, as well as the maple syrup....

S. 

12 minutes ago, Sinker said:

Hey Albert, 

Do you have any more of those buckets you want to get rid of? Those are great pails. Perfect for what I use them for. I'd love to find more like that. If you guys hook up, let me know and I will send some goodies your way. I'm also beekeeping now, as well as the maple syrup....

S. 

I have a few. I hadn't heard from you guys and this year i sent about 15 to be recycled. I'll check this weekend and I let you know  if I can get rid of more. I keep a few for when I do my tomatoes . . .