Thought Process - Common Sense

Fisherman

On occasion I read things that really make you wonder, what did they eat for breakfast, a bowl of ____?  If you were to buy a store brand item such as Bass Pro socks,  I really believe you would bring them back to Bass Pro for exchange or replacement.  Now if you were to buy a Sail brand hand auger and needed an extension, where would you be inclined to go?   Why would you even ask such a question. 

• Haha 1

I really don’t see the need to post something from another forum over here, other than a need to knock someone.  If your really need to know why, maybe send the guy a private message to satisfy yourself.  There is no point to this.  While the forum is a little slow, it doesn’t need this kind of traffic.

• Like 1

But I totally got his point

if I bought something from a store and also needed an accessory for it, I would not leave with the product without the accessory or knowing where to buy it

i would not just hope the internet people would have the answers 

even  Pierre  Elliott Trudeau said about half of what people post on the interweb is a lie. 

People ask for help everywhere.  On every forum I frequent people ask for info on something or other.  Often info they could google or call a store about.  What’s the sense of this post on this forum other than mud slinging for no reason.  He could’ve mocked the dude on the other forum if he wanted to.  Answer that question reasonably and I’ll mail you a new in package AC shiner!

3 hours ago, porkpie said:

I really don’t see the need to post something from another forum over here, other than a need to knock someone.  If your really need to know why, maybe send the guy a private message to satisfy yourself.  There is no point to this.  While the forum is a little slow, it doesn’t need this kind of traffic.

Knock someone, some people may need a minor knock to get the thought process activated.  If the particular person had said, I checked with stores A, B and C and struck out, I usually make the effort to go look and give them a direction.    If I stuck a sore nerve with you,  there's always a tylenol in the medicine cabinet. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fisherman said:

On occasion I read things that really make you wonder, what did they eat for breakfast, a bowl of ____?  If you were to buy a store brand item such as Bass Pro socks,  I really believe you would bring them back to Bass Pro for exchange or replacement.  Now if you were to buy a Sail brand hand auger and needed an extension, where would you be inclined to go?   Why would you even ask such a question. 

Common Sense just isn't so common! LOL

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, glen said:

Where are the fish biting that the ice is so thick you need an extension 

Ya, when I looked at the auger, it already has the telescoping feature, if you add an extension the crank part might be above your head unless you're 5 foot 24.  The only time I ever needed an extension was in Manitoba,  mid december and the handle went to the edge of the ice and I wasn't through yet,  some of the locals had a good chuckle.  But, being in friendly Manitoba,  they poked a few holes for me and I was grateful.

4 hours ago, glen said:

Where are the fish biting that the ice is so thick you need an extension 

The fellow that initially posed the question on another board is using a clam plate which  is quite short when used with an auger on its own.  I made an extension for mine primarily so I didn’t have to bend over to drill holes.  Ice thickness didn’t have much to do with it for me anyway.

Edited by porkpie

2 minutes ago, porkpie said:

The fellow that initially posed the question on another board is using a clam plate which  is quite short when used with an auger on its own.  I made an extension for mine primarily so I didn’t have to bend over to drill holes.  Ice thickness didn’t have much to do with it for me anyway.

Short legged guys like terry and I don't have a problem.  :w00t:

• Haha 2

I should've rephrased my question to the original post.

I bought a Sail branded auger and clam plate to go with a milwaukee drill.  I was looking for an extension for the drill because its short when attached to the clam plate.

From what the Sail associate told me, they never carried an extension for their own drills.

I was hoping maybe someone would know which brand extension would fit in a Sail branded auger.

Thanks porkpie for the help