bass pro

moose

if your going to bass pro today or cabellas do price check againgst sail or competitors 

bass pro bumped a lot of there prices 10 plus and sail actually drop prices till dec 31 

ex bass pro bump aqua vu 5 revolution from 439 to 449 and sail was 449 know they have been 382.49 for same unit staff at bass pro acknowledge what had happened and said it was wrong there is a aqua vu on sale in flyer if you check regular price in fyler and check price on shelf they bumped 50$ and know on sale

Edited by moose

I was at Sail recently.. . Buckshot spoons I like were 5.50 plus 20 % off.. Sails 5.50 regular price was less than the sale price at Cabela's.. Bass pro isn't much better.. They are 8 something at Walmart and almost 10 bucks at Canadian Tire.. 

21 hours ago, misfish said:

Was at Cabelas this morning for boxing day. YAWNNNNNNNNN

Sail has 20% off all fishing and hunting gear with exceptions on a few things of course.. Excellent prices on ice fishing items.. 

Cabelas and Bass pro are a rip off. Cabelas seems to think it is a fashion brand name and expects you to pay likewise but on everything not just their clothing. Bass pro also sucks. I you would expect a small local retailer to be more expensive than the big box stores, I don't find they are. With the purchasing power these big stores have there should be way better pricing. The Cabelas in Winnipeg is shocking. They are very expensive and have hardly any stock either on site or online, my last visit to Winnipeg I never even bothered going.

Hit up sail today, better pricing than crappy can, cabelas and bp 

and today it was 20% off

git  a reel glove neoprene reel cover for $4

jackall rythm waves for $5.50 an pack

northland buck shots baitfish style with the rattle, $4 a pop

yamasenkos $9 a bag that’s unbeatable considering Canadian tire now charges 12 a bag

1 hour ago, misfish said:

I remember paying $4.99. Inflation is killer. LOL

I joined the Fire Dept in '68 with a salary of $100 a week and that was considered good money and your right Brian, inflation is a killer LOL ?

• Haha 1

Since selling my truck I decided to go back to a manual ice auger.  I can pick one up this weekend at Sail for $65 (after tax!) for a NORDIC TELESCOPIC DRILL 6" or ship to my door for $80 (again after tax).  No other store in the area comes close to this...  Deal end Sunday for those in need...  ;)  

I agree with the current discount  at SAIL of less 20% on most fishing stock and 15% off electronics and motors their prices are hard to beat . Its not like there every day price is inflated either .If SAIL follows the same pattern as last year this will be the last chance at 20% off. Last year during the spring fishing shows and other promotional events the max generic  discount was only 15%.  Good time to  stock up if it fits in the budget.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:59 AM, misfish said:

I remember paying $4.99. Inflation is killer. LOL

I always swore by yamasenkos, but have since refused to buy them for those crazy prices. I have found a few others that sink at the same speed and seem to do fine. Can't find my favourite colour though.

I still swear by the original senkos but at roughly 10 dollars Cdn a pack it hurts a little more especially when you loose a new  senko to a rock bass or a 10 inch bass.

Inflation and a depreciating Canadian currency impacts the price we pay for everything. I assume your 4.99 senkos was around the time the Canadian dollar was on par with the U.S