Woods auger from Canadian Tire

verno

Anyone have any info on the Woods 43cc gas auger from Canadian Tire?  My wife and kids spoiled me with one of those and an eskimo hub for Christmas. I know it has to be a rebranded something else,  I'm just looking down the road when I have to replace parts etc at how hard that is going to be?  From the picture on the box it appears that a lot of the parts on the outside are plastic. 

No info but I'll bet most of the different brands all come from the same building but different doors, slightly different handle and paint.  There's a number of brands that all use the 33cc engine, again probably all interchangeable parts.  Unfortunately the amount of plastic used keeps increasing. 

It's a virtual certainty that the Woods 43cc has the same Ardisam engine as my Rapalav43cc Vortex (Ardisam makes 90% of auger motors).

Mine runs GREAT but only after I replace the stock Torch brand spark plug. If yours has one change it out ASAP. I also recommend TruFuel from Canadian Tire. Other guys are going to blast me here saying it's a waste of money, but I use one $10 can per season so I'm not worried about saving an extra $4 by mixing my own gas. 

Other than my auger has been great and no issues for years now.

Edited by Dutch01
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

It's a virtual certainty that the Woods 43cc has the same Ardisam engine as my Rapalav43cc Vortex (Ardisam makes 90% of auger motors).

Mine runs GREAT but only after I replace the stock Torch brand spark plug. If yours has one change it out ASAP. I also recommend TruFuel from Canadian Tire. Other guys are going to blast me here saying it's a waste of money, but I use one $10 can per season so I'm not worried about saving an extra $4 by mixing my own gas. 

Other than my auger has been great and no issues for years now.

Ya, it's a waste of money.  How long has the tru fuel been sitting on the shelf?  Mix small quantities (1L) of non ethanol and synthetic 2 stroke and you'll be fine. ?

Edited by Fisherman
  • Haha 1