limeyangler

Ice road crappie.

Hi all, 

So far we’ve had very little now this winter, so getting around by truck on the lake is a bonus. Even better when you can drive off your front lawn and not even half a mile away get into some nice crappie. Rolodex gets to come too even though he takes off visiting neighbors!😠.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 206 said:

Cool video, what holds the crappie there?

I think its just the depth, they tend to go to the deep holes on this lake when the fall comes.

Great video, way jealous, still trying to get out for the first time☹️

I noticed you are using a battery powered auger, I have always used gas but am quickly leaning toward a unit like yours

How do u like it

how thick is the ice your going thru

how many holes can u drill and how do u think it would perform in the colder temps

thx and MERRY CHRISTMAS

Miss those Ontario lakes

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Six Mile Lake, Crappie?

Guys, it has been about 30 years since I visited this lake, but we went up last Friday to launch and try and find Crappie. We tried the week before in Port Severn. I know both of these bodies of water hold Crappie, but we could not find a single one. I'm thinking we were just too early for that area? The water temps were only 50 - 53 deg F. Lot's of current in Port Severn. Six Mile Lake is beautiful enough. We launched at the Provincial park. Have you guys had much luck fishing Six Mile? I

in General Discussion

• Algonquin park ice out date

With the crazy April weather this year what date would you guys expect ice out for Algonquin park.My guess would be May 5

in General Discussion

• Crappie fishing was crappy

Got out on the weekend a couple of times and found it tough to find any numbers. Sunday was horrible, only caught one between two guys in a few hours. The perch and bluegill weren't even biting, however got into a few gill in the evening. The surface was too still for me and way too many of those bugs to enjoy the day. Kept a few on Saturday for a meal.

in General Discussion

• Rice Lake Crappie Report April 29, 2019

Here’s a vid link of our day on Rice Lake from two days ago!  It’s been up and down fishing with the yo-yo weather  https://youtu.be/EScAJ3TUPxk

in General Discussion

• Simcoe Ice conditions

Been lookin forward to getting out for some perching at first ice out. Can anyone verify that Simcoe is open and fishable? Thanks,   HH

in General Discussion