Christmas Time Feelings

JoePa

I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year - for us old guys who have lost their spouse  things are a little sad  around this time of the year - I look back at the time my wife was here with me and the kids were small - those were the real good days - but life goes on - for you young guys who have a family make sure you cherish the season and their company

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JoePa said:

I want to wish all my Canadian friends a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year - for us old guys who have lost their spouse  things are a little sad  around this time of the year - I look back at the time my wife was here with me and the kids were small - those were the real good days - but life goes on - for you young guys who have a family make sure you cherish the season and their company

I agree with you and All the Best to you and Yours

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy,  Healthy New Year,  say a special  thank you to all of our first responders and the military people who protect us each and every day.  Also,  don't forget to ask Santa  to put a little "treat"  under the tree for all of our 4 legged friends who enrich our lives and ask for nothing in return.

Rick and Dianne.

• Like 1

Very fine words, JoePa.  Sorry  about the loss of your wife and the emptiness you feel this time of year. 

It’s a tough time of year for  lots of folks that don’t have close family to gather with. 

Lets do our best to reach out to those in our circles that need some love. 

Merry Christmas 

The loss of a loved one is really tough the first year without them. Too many of my friends have lost family members this year. I have a friend who died in an Atv crash and she left a 5 year old daughter and an old friend lost her 14 year old to suicide recently.. I was scheduled to work on the 24th and 25th nights but I was fortunate enough to have the seniority to take vacation days.. I missed the chance to make the big bucks on Christmas day but money means nothing if you miss too many of them with your loved ones.. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, pics said:

The loss of a loved one is really tough the first year without them. Too many of my friends have lost family members this year. I have a friend who died in an Atv crash and she left a 5 year old daughter and an old friend lost her 14 year old to suicide recently.. I was scheduled to work on the 24th and 25th nights but I was fortunate enough to have the seniority to take vacation days.. I missed the chance to make the big bucks on Christmas day but money means nothing if you miss too many of them with your loved ones.. 

You said it well,  unfortunately I lost another good friend last friday to cancer, I was lucky to see him before he passed away.  Money doesn't buy memories and when they're gone, it's final.  Cheers to all.

7 hours ago, lew said:

My son was killed 12 days before Christmas back in '04 and Christmas has never really been the same since then.

The pain diminishes but never really goes away.

I know how it is Lew. Diane died 7yrs ago Jan 16th, 2012 and if it was not for my kids l would have lost it all together. Cancer is a terrible thing for anyone to go through. Lost my mother 6 months 5 days and 7hrs later. Christmas is never the same.

18 hours ago, lew said:

My son was killed 12 days before Christmas back in '04 and Christmas has never really been the same since then.

The pain diminishes but never really goes away.

Jackie (Nanook's wife) was saying the same thing last time I heard from her...It will be 8 years since we lost Jack tomorrow... 

8 minutes ago, Beans said:

Jackie (Nanook's wife) was saying the same thing last time I heard from her...It will be 8 years since we lost Jack tomorrow... 

Hard to believe it's been 8 years already Norm, Jack was a good guy.

Cnv0006.jpg