Season Endings Big Fish Bendings.

Moosebunk

Bit late coming around with this fall recap. Haven't done nearly as much writing this year but Coral's char and the Sutton speck reports were quite big undertakings that drained the batteries.  Anyways, the fall fishing this year was incredible. Muskie fishing was beyond expectation, very pleased plenty homework, tweaking of this and that, some experimenting plus the new boat all worked in my favor.  One of our OFC'ers here, Clive, met up with me twice and he wasn't disappointed. Dood surely brought the luck with him and we had a couple awesome big ski days together, 50+'ers galore. Family and friends came aboard for sturgeon and walleye as well.  Not as many days put in for those fish, we all made it count when given the opportunity. Biggest was a 66-incher that took me for one heckuva drift.  Anyhow, it's hyped, typed and ready now at the site if looking to click on over at...

SEASON'S ENDINGS BIG FISH BENDINGS

061_zpsltv6zblh.jpg?w=1080

048_zps5prxqlvf.jpg?w=1080

010_zpsegifvgzd.jpg?w=1080

Thanks for reading along through 2018.  Some adventurous plans ahead in the new year so hope you stop in at the site now and again for a read.

Best to everyone in the coming season.

Bunk

Edited by Moosebunk
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 7:53 AM, msp said:

Excellent Bunk. The Yammy 4 strokes really are bulletproof. Never have I seen such a reliable motor.

The pics of you and your daughter are priceless. The two of you will cherish those pictures for years.

Great report and great fish !

Leah is one photogenic little lady IMO and biased opinion. A smile that melts me every time.  Love her almost as much as the Yamaha... 

lol... Kidding.

Merry Christmas dood!

On 12/18/2018 at 12:56 PM, captpierre said:

Yah. You suck at fishing ?. Thanks for that!

lol... Yeah... You're right! Should really just give it up by now. 

21 hours ago, misfish said:

Got to hook up on the ice this year dude for some whities.

Enjoyed all your write ups this year. :worthy:

Thanks Brian.  A chance this winter I may tempt a Simcoe road trip with some ice fishing gear and snowmobile in tow this March. Have never done it, would like to do it. :) If so, I'd love to meet up with ya for a fish or two. :)

21 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Damn you got enough fish there to make musky stew for the next 50 years 

unreal report as always, glad this one popped up while I’m spending some time at the hospital with the girlfriend, makes the time pass a little quicker.

Spend alotta time living in hospitals too, and know all too well how these write-ups help pass that time.  

Can't say I've ever had muskie stew. lol

21 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

LVTB= Living vicariously through Bunk. I am not worthy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am not worthy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,We are not worthy. 

You are too sir.  Yes you are.  Read on and enjoy man! And Happy Holidays.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:33 PM, misfish said:

Got to hook up on the ice this year dude for some whities.

Enjoyed all your write ups this year. :worthy:

Now that Bunk and I are nearly neighbours, you might get a two’fer of visitors bud! I’ll be making the trek “home” 3-4 times at least to crush on whities at my fave spots!

killer write up Bunk, you sir are a master of the muskies!!

• Like 1

On 12/19/2018 at 3:54 PM, BlueEye said:

Nice fish Bunk man - very cool (especially the musky!)  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks again Chad. :)

On 12/20/2018 at 9:15 AM, kenzy31 said:

Now that Bunk and I are nearly neighbours, you might get a two’fer of visitors bud! I’ll be making the trek “home” 3-4 times at least to crush on whities at my fave spots!

killer write up Bunk, you sir are a master of the muskies!!

You know what I need Jesse, an extra month of March and the back half of February to last about 4 weeks. Just to more easily cram an ice fishing life into that window of time.  It's a road trip possibility though, have wanted to get to Simcoe for years.

On 12/20/2018 at 10:17 AM, mepps said:

It was great to finally connect in person and get some fish! I'l never forget those big muskies - thanks for making a dream come true, brother!

I'll start growing the beard soon for next fall!

You're a beast either way bud, beard or no beard. Won't change the luck you bring.

20 hours ago, limeyangler said:

That MUSKY! You need to learn me your tricks. You need to visit and take me fishing Bunk, show me how its done in my own backyard!

It is hard, hard, hard Simon to break away from the fall muskie & sturgeon fishing here at home, to drive 24 hours and start at ground zero during prime time.  But that said, I'd be stoked to meet ya and give Seul a try. Would like to meet Ben out there too.  Have another couple invites to be guided on Eagle Lake and my buddy Pat bought LOTW Lodge in Nestor Falls as well.  What a friggin' road trip that would be.

11 hours ago, Chuck Enwinde said:

Good stuff as always Bunk.  When I saw that first pic of Clive, I thought you're beard had got away from ya a bit lol. 

lol... I'd like to grow there but mine looks stupid cause it starts going sideways to the right well before it reaches Clive's length.

9 hours ago, bigbuck said:

That's a serious supertanker musky there Bunk!! Great Job!!!

Thanks Buck.  Good numbers of big fish boated this year. Both hard work and luck.

34 minutes ago, Moosebunk said:

You know what I need Jesse, an extra month of March and the back half of February to last about 4 weeks. Just to more easily cram an ice fishing life into that window of time.  It's a road trip possibility though, have wanted to get to Simcoe for years.

You byes get yer butts here, and we,ll have a good ole time. Im sure,I could get a good GTG with a few other members.

Thanks for posting this.  My Dad and I always look forward to reading your stories and seeing the pictures. You are an amazing fisherman and look like you have the time of your life when you go to these beautiful places.  Also - it is great that your family enjoys it too!  Thanks again!

On 12/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, David Chong said:

Beautiful fish! Great write-ups!

Cheers David! Here's to crossing more fish off our bucketlists in the New Year. :)

On 12/21/2018 at 8:06 PM, Terry said:

Finally finished reading it all

great stuff

Merry Christmas wild man! Enjoy the ice, maybe catch ya again one these days out there.

On 12/21/2018 at 9:02 PM, PUMP KNOWS said:

Good stuff!  Loved it all.

Do you do any winter fishing?

I do.  Used to get in about 30 days a season, now it's about 10-15.  Mid Feb to late March be the only ice season time available now.  Love lakers and whiteys these days, used to be pike and eyes.

On 12/22/2018 at 3:27 PM, GregF2 said:

Thanks for posting this.  My Dad and I always look forward to reading your stories and seeing the pictures. You are an amazing fisherman and look like you have the time of your life when you go to these beautiful places.  Also - it is great that your family enjoys it too!  Thanks again!

Thanks a tonne Greg. Friend of mine sent me a pic of his dad today reading a report of mine on Arctic Circle Lodge on Great Bear Lake.  His dad getting primed up for a trip there this summer. Being that I've always liked to write, it's certainly great to hear that people enjoy reading.  Happy Holidays to you both.

• Like 1