Ice season is open in Haliburton

singingdog

2 hours ago, chris.brock said:

just burning off the last of my vacation days before the end of the year, if I don't use'm, I loose'm, you know how it is Bri

How much snow in the bush in Barrie? 

Not much up here. Melting fast.

As for holidays, I guess I am kinda lucky that way. I still got like 12 or so weeks again. I used up 10 weeks back 2 years ago, when I had my retina detachment. Trying to burn them off slowly. LOL

Safe outings Chris.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:38 AM, Jds63 said:

Hey Chris give me a call if you are up on Sunday ....

made an ice rink at the lake last weekend ... 5 inches of ice off the dock, middle of the lake is sketchy

we're back now, I will have some free time between X Mas and New Years, we'll keep in touch

we had 3 inches of mediocre ice near shore, 5 inches of soft snow over a couple inches of crusty snow in the bush and snowing pretty good today

Fished Fri-Sunday on North Pidgeon Lake, just south of Minden. South end was solid 5-6". Middle was only 3" thick when I stopped drilling holes. North end flooded between Sat AM and Sat PM, fully 1/2 the lake turned black with 1-2" of water on top of the ice. There was not that much rain Friday ,mostly wet snow, so there had to be a large amount of water coming up through pressure cracks, or creek runoff. Less than half the lake was fishable so ice conditions still not stable. More cold weather required at this point.

20181216_104344A_snap.thumb.jpg.922ac8412aa14351d4b9d62c9ac87106.jpg

20181215_111450A.thumb.jpg.1ce215440b130a87eb07b3ec082b95f0.jpg