The French need to fish more ......NF

captpierre

I don't know all the details, or even much of them, but some of the stuff makes no sense to me.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/07/europe/who-are-gilet-jaunes-intl/index.html

"

A recent favorite with the media is Jean-François Barnaba, 62, a former director of culture and tourism in Indre, a department in central France, who was removed from his post and placed on extended "gardening leave" on 80% of his salary, 10 years ago.
Barnaba currently receives $2,900 dollars a month, which he says leaves him with just $1,000 a month to support his wife and seven children after all the bills are paid. "

62 and still supporting 7 kids? " gardening leave "? growing a fresh crop of kids?

Fuel is already 2 1/2 times the price of ours here in Canada and they were going to enact another hike in January and then another in 2020. Our govt. is trying to go the same way. 

Macron also reduced the taxes the rich have to pay and passed them onto the working class.

Wages are low, there is lots of unemployment and there are migrant shanty towns in Paris that make it look like Mumbai.

Regular citizens have had enough. 

When good regular people are pushed too far, this is what happens.

Edited by DRIFTER_016

My work before and after I left the Steel plant enabled me to travel the World. There wasn't one major metropolis I was in that didn't have homeless people living under bridges or shanty towns. That includes all across Japan, Tokyo and Osaka as well as smaller cities like Karashaki where Kawasaki Steel has a large plant.  Places in South America I expected that but not London and Tokyo. So I don't find it shocking about Paris' homeless. 

"Gardening leave" is what we referred to as "Special Duties." You get an office with a phone but no jack. 

12 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

My work before and after I left the Steel plant enabled me to travel the World. There wasn't one major metropolis I was in that didn't have homeless people living under bridges or shanty towns. That includes all across Japan, Tokyo and Osaka as well as smaller cities like Karashaki where Kawasaki Steel has a large plant.  Places in South America I expected that but not London and Tokyo. So I don't find it shocking about Paris' homeless. 

"Gardening leave" is what we referred to as "Special Duties." You get an office with a phone but no jack. 

OI, it's not a problem. There are 10's of thousands living like this since they opened the border and allowed untold numbers of migrants into the country.

Have a look at some of these pics. It's insane!!!!

https://www.google.ca/search?q=paris+migrant+camp+images&rlz=1C1CHZL_enCA691CA691&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjxj6an-JHfAhUKiFQKHX9aA5UQsAR6BAgAEAE&biw=1280&bih=606#imgrc=_

That's surreal. I've only seen something like that when I was in Miami when Castro emptied his prisons and sent them to Fla. They were locked up in cages under the overpasses on I-75. Would it be any different here if we were in walking distance from these 3rd world countries or Greece? I know for a fact that 2 floors of the Sheraton Hotel in downtown Hamilton is inhabited with refugees seeking asylum here. When Mom passed this past August the hotel was booked solid when I tried to book rooms for out of town friends and relatives. I know the GM at the hotel and that is exactly what he told me. Not fake news. 

Are we getting political here? I hear the sound of keys and a lock. Lets have a good conversation without getting out of hand. Facts are a good thing. I think if we stick to facts and not personal opinions or attacks on individuals we can have this discussion and continue to have it. 

There were yellow vest protests across Canada today but I bet you won't much if anything about them.

They were protesting the UN Migration Compact as well as carbon taxes.

There were protests in Toronto, Vancouver, Ottawa as well as all through the West.

Westerners are starting to get pretty miffed with the current federal govt. 

• Like 1

For things like this countries could take a lesson from the Sheikh of Abu Dhabi. 20+ some years ago when we were in the UAE, visiting my in-laws (they were teaching there at the university in Dubai) we read about the cab drivers in Abi Dhabi; rioting over territories. Most of the cab drivers are/were Sikh or Indian decent. On the morning of the third day of rioting the Sheikh called out his army. They were to collect all rioting drivers. They were then taken to the airport, where there were a number of jets waiting for them. The planes were to take them back to their home countries. Get on one and leave, we do not want you here anymore. Problem solved and there were hundreds of cabs abandoned, waiting for anyone to take them and work them. Harsh maybe; but cause me or my people grief and you will be dealt with. 

Dan.

Edited by DanD

8 hours ago, DanD said:

They were then taken to the airport, where there were a number of jets waiting for them. The planes were to take them back to their home countries. Get on one and leave, we do not want you here anymore. Problem solved and there were hundreds of cabs abandoned, waiting for anyone to take them and work them. Harsh maybe; but cause me or my people grief and you will be dealt with. 

Dan.

Some people forget that it's a PRIVILEGE to be allowed to live in another country not a/your RIGHT. I think that this is something that has been forgotten.