Taxidermist - west GTA?

icefisherman

Hi Guys,

My son just shot his first deer. Not bad at the age of 13 ?

Nice 8 point buck and we are planing to mount it.

Can you recommend good reasonable taxidermist in the West side of GTA. Milton/Brampton/Acton/Mississauga//Oakville area.

Never used such a service before so can use some advice.

What would it cost for head and neck mount?

Straight? Looking to the side? What would be best type to do?

Thanks,

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman

One of the best in North America was a gentleman named Joe Martin out of Hamilton. As far as I understand Joe's son followed in his footsteps and is excellent. Google Martin Taxidermy Ontario. This is a skill that is one of those "you get what you pay for"  I have a Tiger Musky Joe did way back in 1983. It looks like it just came out of the water to this day. 

I found it but can't paste here for some reason. I Googled Joe Martin Taxidermy. It's either Joe Jr or Joe is still going strong. 

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Just did a bunch of research on this a month ago for my own harvest. I found that most cape shoulder mounts were around $750 and it take about a year. This is because most have to send the hide for tanning. I chose artistry in motion in uxbridge. A little more money but the best work I've seen. Also a saffari guide , you see his work every time you go to bass pro. They do the tanning on site and your animal back to you in 3-4 months.