Cochrane air question

jnic

Hi all, havn’t flown with them for about ten years. We have gone on others in Quebec without the same success. Due to budget looking at there closer lakes . Any info on French, today , tomorrow, brailey etc would be greatlythanks

Edited by jnic

• 1 month later...

Flew out to Nettogami  with Cochrane Air last June. After flying with them for many years our group has decided to give Hearst Air a try this year due to Cochrane Air being under staffed , under equipped and totally unorganized. They have too many camps and not enough staff to maintain them or planes to get you there. The office manager Kim held them together as best as she could but was removed last year. Good luck on your fly-in experience this year.

25 minutes ago, adempsey said:

Two of their lakes give you access to Kesagami if that interests you. I thought you fished Partridge before Mr. Bunk?

Yeah!!! Forgot about that. Cochrane Air didn't own the camp on Partridge the few trip years I was there... and they do now.  How I'd love to revisit that cabin on Partridge and fish Kesagami again.  Great fishing... and the last time I was there Brenda and I had Kesagami all to ourselves for a week. Not another soul. What a great time.

http://bunksoutdoorangle.com/kesagami-reflections/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKGii_uaYaw

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Phil S C said:

Flew out to Nettogami  with Cochrane Air last June. After flying with them for many years our group has decided to give Hearst Air a try this year due to Cochrane Air being under staffed , under equipped and totally unorganized. They have too many camps and not enough staff to maintain them or planes to get you there. The office manager Kim held them together as best as she could but was removed last year. Good luck on your fly-in experience this year.

Can't go wrong with Hearst Air. What lake are you going to?

22 hours ago, Phil S C said:

Going to Quantz, June7 to 14.

I've been to Quantz a couple of time. Last time I had a wolf cub follow me up and down the shoreline when I was trolling. Pretty neat. There's also a family of beavers that come up by the dock to take raspberry bushes. Fun to watch. You should look at Napken next time. A little more expensive but fun, but for the ultimate in big pike, Pym is the best. Have fun! 

8 minutes ago, fisherman7 said:

I've been to Quantz a couple of time. Last time I had a wolf cub follow me up and down the shoreline when I was trolling. Pretty neat. There's also a family of beavers that come up by the dock to take raspberry bushes. Fun to watch. You should look at Napken next time. A little more expensive but fun, but for the ultimate in big pike, Pym is the best. Have fun! 

• 3 weeks later...

Kesagami is over fished and I would only consider early spring or when the main camp shuts down, but I don't think they fly into Partridge anymore once the main camp has closed. For that type of money I'd look elsewhere first. Their little isolated fishing camps have their charms and for the right price would be fun. Some only get fished once or twice a year, if that. That is the type of conversation I would be having. Do your homework. Just don't go in with huge expectations.

Edited by scuro2