Two youths beat a coyote to death in Alberta....

Tjames09

I don’t even know what to say. I can’t believe someone would be able to kill an alive animal like that; by repeatedly beating it to death. 

I think that lack of remorse or emotion is very concerning; it’s not natural to torture anything.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/coyote-beating-grande-prairie-rcmp-investigation-1.4911574

44 minutes ago, Terry said:

Did they run it down with the skidoo’s 

did they find it wounded and killed it 

did it try to attack them and they killed it

just wondering what got them to the point where they could be swinging it by the back legs. 

They were bored and that's why they decided to do that. That and evil. Sometimes I think it best I won't be around for another 40 years. And they are stupid, they video taped it! I hope they get them real good but they won't get more than a slap on the wrist. Juevy offenders. 

not surprisingly, many serial killers and psychopathic murderers start their career by torturing animals.

laughing at an animal that is hurt is some seriously disturbing stuff...especially an animal like a coyote that resembles/is a dog...

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

They were bored and that's why they decided to do that. That and evil. Sometimes I think it best I won't be around for another 40 years. And they are stupid, they video taped it! I hope they get them real good but they won't get more than a slap on the wrist. Juevy offenders. 

Is this a fact or are you guessing 

not that you won’t be around for 40 years, but that they were bored and just decided to abuse the animal 

These two idiots are bad enough; but in my opinion the parent(s) of these two should also be held accountable. It's obvious the kids didn't have any respect for the animal. And in my opinion, respect is something that is taught and their parents have failed dreadfully. 

Dan. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Lot of hunters out there shoot coyotes just for the sake of killing them don't they ?????????

Maybe that's the mentality these two kids have; coyotes are a useless animal. But again where did they learn this type of thinking?

Dan.

Edited by DanD

5 hours ago, Whitespinnerbait said:

Lot of hunters out there shoot coyotes just for the sake of killing them don't they ?????????

Sure, but shooting a coyote dead and this are completely different things.    These kids have issues.   

• Like 3

We shoot every coyote and wolf we see in the Ottawa valley they are over run with them.  They snatch pets, livestock and fawns. the last 10 years they have exploded.  I shot a deer last week and had a pack circle me within 15 min of me shooting the deer they are brazen. 

May sound weird to some even though i shoot them i couldent bring my self to watch the video.   I hope they get the  book thrown at them no animal deserves to suffer like that. 

Edited by Freshtrax

If this cormorant cull shoot goes through, as a very experienced waterfowl shooter in my younger years, there is probably a lot going to die a lingering death especially if you can let them lay and don't have to recover them, just saying. I shot a few coyotes for fur back in the late 70's early 80's, but a 75 gr Hornady hollow point  at 3400 fps out of a 6MM Remington they didn't suffer ?

7 hours ago, dave524 said:

If this cormorant cull shoot goes through, as a very experienced waterfowl shooter in my younger years, there is probably a lot going to die a lingering death especially if you can let them lay and don't have to recover them, just saying. I shot a few coyotes for fur back in the late 70's early 80's, but a 75 gr Hornady hollow point  at 3400 fps out of a 6MM Remington they didn't suffer ?

Pretty sure from what I've read you need to recover and dispose of them.   So basically bring them in and toss them in the trash?   

17 minutes ago, BillM said:

Pretty sure from what I've read you need to recover and dispose of them.   So basically bring them in and toss them in the trash?   

you're right bring them home and green bin them, migratory bird act applies, steel shot and 50 a day bag limit says so here  https://www.oodmag.com/news/cormorant-hunt-works/