Two youths beat a coyote to death in Alberta....

Tjames09

17 minutes ago, dave524 said:

you're right bring them home and green bin them, migratory bird act applies, steel shot and 50 a day bag limit says so here  https://www.oodmag.com/news/cormorant-hunt-works/

You know there is going to be some that will want to eat them. Just like the boots in the rivers taken home,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, YUK

20 hours ago, Freshtrax said:

We shoot every coyote and wolf we see in the Ottawa valley they are over run with them.  They snatch pets, livestock and fawns. the last 10 years they have exploded.  I shot a deer last week and had a pack circle me within 15 min of me shooting the deer they are brazen. 

May sound weird to some even though i shoot them i couldent bring my self to watch the video.   I hope they get the  book thrown at them no animal deserves to suffer like that. 

Agreed they are terribly overpopulated. All coyotes in Ontario ought to be killed as they are not native to Ontario.

39 minutes ago, BootScoot said:

Agreed they are terribly overpopulated. All coyotes in Ontario ought to be killed as they are not native to Ontario.

That's the kind of mentality the kids in the video probably learned from their parents. 

Coyotes aren't an exotic, invasive species. They've expanded their home range because of what humans have done to the landscape. A coyotes main food source is rodents, mice, groundhogs, rabbits etc., not fawns and poodles.

You're better off shooting humans if your goal is to return Ontario to it's natural state, before the white man came.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2018 at 12:23 PM, DanD said:

These two idiots are bad enough; but in my opinion the parent(s) of these two should also be held accountable. It's obvious the kids didn't have any respect for the animal. And in my opinion, respect is something that is taught and their parents have failed dreadfully. 

Dan. 

Please don't blame the parents without knowing for sure.  I have seen some pretty messed up kids that were raised in some fine homes. Impulsiveness and making bad decisions are associated with some mental health issues that parents don't have any control over.

Edited by jimmer
  • Like 1

Just now, jimmer said:

Please don't blame the parents without know for sure.  I have seen some pretty messed up kids that were raised in some fine homes. Impulsiveness and making bad decisions are associated with some mental health issues that parents don't have any control over.

Agree 100%. 20 years ago I firmly believed that there was no such thing as bad kids...just bad parents... and I had a very heated argument at my sons soccer game once with a fellow parent who was a school principal and said he had seen the best kids come from the worst parents and visa versa. As the years have past I now have seen this for myself and no longer blame all parents for there kids turning out rotten.  No matter the circumstances some people just turn out to be low lives.  And as Jimmer mentioned mental health can play a role as well which no parent can control. 

One possibility is that todays kids are all about putting stuff on the internet and trying to look cool.  If this is true then they really need a hard lesson on what's right and what's wrong.  I couldn't even watch the video cause the story was enough.  What's going to happen now is that the kids will feel remorse and probably cry in front of the authorities and everyone will move on. 

It shouldn't by now but it still surprises me how quickly people go all Game of Thrones on topics like this. When in doubt, wipe them out!? 

I'm with Chris on this one. Coyotes in Ontario, the hunting season or the regulations related to them have ZERO to do with what happened in this video. Hunters and tree huggers alike should be on the same side and defend the animal's right to NOT be abused. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:45 PM, Sinker said:

Just to be the devils advocate.....maybe this yote killed thier pet? Or their cattle? Livestock? Who knows. Not the way I'd do it, but still.....we don't know the whole story here. 

S. 

That’s was the point I was trying to make

that until we here what lead up to the beating. How can one be judge and jury 

maybe it killed their beloved pup 

maybe just punks 

but untill I know the facts I will not come to a conclusion on the killing 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 3:37 PM, glen said:

Anybody got a vid of a coyote killing someone’s dog.  

You think it doesnt happen? It does all the time. Cats too. My buddy found his cat in pieces on his front lawn. How do you think his 5 yr old daughter felt when he had to tell her it was eaten by a coyote? I know a few people who have lost dogs too, and one was a king sheppard, so yes, yotes do kill pets and livestock all the time.   The farm my wife works at constantly has yotes circling their two dogs. One is a 90lb lab, the other is a 100lb king sheppard.  He can't let them out at night without bringing a loaded shot gun and a big light. Where I live, there are a lot of them, and they are a nuisance. I'm not saying what these guys did is right, but maybe that yote was a problem. 

S. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 3:33 PM, Terry said:

That’s was the point I was trying to make

that until we here what lead up to the beating. How can one be judge and jury 

maybe it killed their beloved pup 

maybe just punks 

but untill I know the facts I will not come to a conclusion on the killing 

I don't think any pre context changes what they did. I don't see anything justifying chasing a coyote down with a snowmobile and then grabbing it by the hind legs and smashing to off the snowmobile. Not to mention laughing while doing it; the video shows them enjoying it, not mad that it bit them or killed there dog. 

Honestly kind of surprised people are okay with this....this video has nothing to do with hunting or coyotes being a nuisance. Lots of things are nuisances you don't torture them.

and i will never convict someone with out knowing all the facts

they may be guilty

but

maybe the thing attacked him and all he had was his boots and the metal on his snowmobile to kill it with

i doubt it but i dont know

and neither do the rest of you

Honestly kind of surprised  people just assume

44 minutes ago, Terry said:

Honestly kind of surprised  people just assume

Is that really your fish, or can I assume someone else caught it, and you just happen to be there to pick it up flopping on the ice, and give it to the owner, but stopped for a picture.  Whats the real story behind that pic.? LMAO