What's on your FISHING Bucket List?

David Chong

2 hours ago, BillM said:

I can't even imagine!  

I was the new guy on the bank back then Bill. Learning from the local crew. Ernie,the regular still to this day,still fishes there. He put me on this hot shotting back then. Just sit,hold the rod and wait for the hit. Salmon at the time were running. Mid August That fish went up and down about 10 times. Jumped probly the same amount.  Was told I was a lucky guy to get one. It was close to 10lb.

Edited by misfish
  • Like 1

A legit 50 pound muskie would be at the very top of my list. But I should probably move on from that dream and aim for 40lb lol.

I would love to be able to average a fish a day on gbay over the course of a season at some point.

I remember hearing about skamania in gbay tribs back in the day. I wonder if there are a few still kicking around. Think they were stocked back then somewhere.

Edited by JoshS
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lickmyarmpit said:

I've been lucky to scratch that itch a few times now. Those pics are of one jump look at the transport on the bridge in both shots. Florida keys is the spot for bucket list fish been a couple times now and can't wait to go back. The next bucket list one I want is a rooster fish. 

FB_IMG_1437036899508.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036904858.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036911134.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036915472.jpg

FB_IMG_1437035870502.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036505240.jpg

Awesome! Gonna try & get a day in the Keys next week! Hope they we have your kind of success!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, David Chong said:

Awesome! Gonna try & get a day in the Keys next week! Hope they we have your kind of success!

If you want contact info for a great charter in marathon shoot me a PM. They are always on something I've got him on my Facebook.  Not the best time for tarpon or mahis right now though. 

9 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

jebus armpit...you trying to make us all feel bad? lol unreal

Thanks dude I've been lucky to find a lady that enjoys it as much as I do. So most of our vacations are epic fishing trips.  I really need to explore some more waters around Canada.  Here's a couple more beauties. 

FB_IMG_1437036520954.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036805533.jpg

FB_IMG_1437036514026.jpg

• Like 1

30+ Atlantic On the Cascapedia ...with a Bogdan (preferably mine)

Giant char on the Tree (with Moose as my guide)

6lb Brookie (Secret lake) through the ice (Maybe with Irish and his sledding gang)

8lb Quebec Red ... not fussy where or how or who with

Ahhh... scratch all that ... just thankful for the time I do get to watch the sun come up and the mist rise off the water !

• Like 2

Hope is to spend more and more time as the years go on fishing with Brenda.

Personally, goals are always in mind.  Better a 56" muskie, fish more arctic char each summer in new places in Nunavut.  At some point catch a first atlantic, tarpon, or rooster. Nail a big brown, catch a first open water Lake O salmon in my boat. A 30lb+ laker through the ice. Came close twice on 50 pound softwater lakers but would like an over.  Visit Northern Quebec, fish the Ekaluk, revisit the Tree.  It goes on and figure if you're not chipping away at it constantly, many won't happen the nearer the end of the road.

Bren going to Nipigon this summer, fishing char atop Hudson Bay and finally visiting the Sutton were this years big moments.

Nipigon Trout with Bren.

Sutton River Specks

Hudson Bay Arctic Char

• Like 1