Shortest fall season ever

singingdog

Yes the weather has been a real bummer down here in Pa.too  - for the past months you couldn't see the sun for two days in a row - rained all the time - now we have real cold weather - tonight it is suppose to go down to 17 degrees F - went down the back to get some firewood with my old 1991 F 150 - it was so muddy got stuck in the mud - now I got a job to do trying to get the truck out of the mud - son is coming over on friday to help me try and get it out - got a come along - some chains and recovery straps - hope we get it out and back on the road - started the wood stove up today for the first time - once I start it will run it until March sometime - nothing like a nice wood fire to warm your bones - and the house

For about 8 years at one point I made sure that I was out on Lake Simcoe for the last day of bass season which is Nov. 3oth needless to say I haven't been for a few years! LOL What happened to global warming? That being said I'm very excited to be heading to Florida for the B.A.S.S. Team Championships shortly! 25 degrees C down there today! (-:

On 11/21/2018 at 6:50 PM, JoePa said:

went down the back to get some firewood with my old 1991 F 150 - it was so muddy got stuck in the mud - now I got a job to do trying to get the truck out of the mud - son is coming over on friday to help me try and get it out -

I,ll bet he,s driving a Dodge. You,ll be out in no time. LOL

• Haha 1

On 11/23/2018 at 9:16 AM, AKRISONER said:

if scugog has 2" of ice, the locals will be driving their trucks out there on saturday ?

Since I posted that the lake has opened up again with the warm weather and rain. Well at least the south end of the lake is open in lots of areas. Chemong south end didn't freeze at all actually and is still all open. Pigeon south end opened up as well. 

As crazy as this fall has been I’d say I’m only gunna lose 1-2 weeks compared to recent years 

temps dropped super fast due to early cold and high winds

normalley 1-2 weeks into December I’m done in the boat and this year last night (or maybe this evening) will likely be it for me for open water 

The first thirty years of my life we were in a period of " Global Cooling " culminating in some pretty horrific winters in the 70's and some pundits forecasting a  " Nuclear Winter " ,  next we entered a period a " Global Warming "  with some pundits forecasting the melting of the polar icecaps and rising ocean levels,  looking back on almost 70 years I see it as weather. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1