Custom painting

Yellow Fever

Why not get your own airbrush and try painting yourself? Princess Auto has a brush on sale right now; 55 bucks regularly 90. A small compressor and you're good to go. Now if you're like me; as in having to be 3/4s in the bag, to even draw a stick person; forget it. LOL

Airbruch

Dan.

Look at the price 6 years ago. LOL

★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4 out of 5 stars.

· 6 years ago  

Like the other post, it is a Beaver B200 model repackaged by Power Fist. Quality is great for the $39.99 sale price. The hose it comes with is not the best, so I recommend upgrading the hose before use. Spray is consistent and works well. Hard to find replacement parts if you break/lose something but PA is amazing for exchanging defects!

I think we put far too much into the details of the painting of lures. Fish aren't art critics, just hungry hopefully. I think we have all caught fish from our favorite lures that had most if not all the paint peeled off it. I know I have. There is a Husky Jerk I have retired that is basically all white now after all the Pike and hammer handles I have hooked on it from the Ottawa. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I think we put far too much into the details of the painting of lures. Fish aren't art critics, just hungry hopefully. I think we have all caught fish from our favorite lures that had most if not all the paint peeled off it. I know I have. There is a Husky Jerk I have retired that is basically all white now after all the Pike and hammer handles I have hooked on it from the Ottawa. 

but high definition , photo realistic paints jobs seem to be necessary to catch the fisherman ?

19 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

8 hours ago, dave524 said:

but high definition , photo realistic paints jobs seem to be necessary to catch the fisherman ?

Well since you guys think it catches fisher people, I can give you a prime example here, about how  just a touch of one color makes a difference.

My buddy was just feet away from me. Both using the same jig. He was killing me on the hook ups. Did I say same jig ? Yes we were, but his had a spot of red on the under lip of the jig.  I was marking just as many fish as he was. I switched up and it was non stop action for both of us. 

This is true, or may the whitefish gods strike me down.

10 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I do believe colour matters but not as much as some do i.e. Live Target. 

I wish I had a steel leader on my Live Target  perch bait the day I was out with Lew on Nip. First cast,hit,yank and it gone. Another true story.