New Mercs. Ugly?

captpierre

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I actually like them. Even the Evinrude's when they started this trend. If I could afford a new power plant I wish Merc would offer something other than black. Maybe they do now.

Like Henry Ford once said "You can get any color you want as long as it's black.

Merc has produce WHITE Mercs for a long time........seen mostly in the Marine World (ocean vessels).

I am not a huge fan of them. But... I have a G2 and when they first came out I thought they were ugly also. Give me a year and I will probably think this thing looks great.

I will say though from a functionality/aerodynamic view, it should cut down on wind resistance.

Edited by Lape0019

1 hour ago, Lape0019 said:

Yeah... they definitely aren't small lol. For what it's worth, I have 20 hours on mine and so far, ove it!

I thought the stern would be under water :w00t: ,but the boat was straight flat. Never did get to see it hole shot.  Huge, but not heavy I guess.

3 minutes ago, David Chong said:

You won't be sorry! Love my Yamaha!

Haven't put mine in the water yet. Still waiting on Alumacraft to finish my boat.

Bought a V16 utility, said 8 to 12 weeks to build. This week makes 8 weeks since I ordered it and a shorelander trailer.

I hope the new 25hp Yamaha with the troll assist gets me down to a nice trolling speed for Walleye.

Might even try for some Lake Trout this coming year.

• Like 1