Ice fishing show Barrie

misfish

5 hours ago, David Chong said:

Looking forward to seeing everyone there today! Doors open at 9 AM! Please stop by the HT Booth and say hi!

Thanks David ,made her day. All she could talk about. Look what David gave me. LOL

S4GTGgP.jpg?1

The show was well, ok. I was hoping it was going to be better then last, but seemed to be the same. There were a few retailers there and yes,they were blowing stuff out the door price wise. Not sure I want to see a meat stand when I first walk in to an ice fishing expo, but there it was.  For me,the show is about seeing the new and meeting up with buddies and shooting the breeze.

I met  up with Chad ( Chuck Enwinde ) this morning. We made a sweet trade off. Finally. LOL  :Gonefishing:

Met a a couple of guys I never met. They just asked if I was the loony tooner. I said ya,but I don't have a pen to sign my autograph guys. LOL Had a good chat with guys that appreciated my videos.

The granddaughter and I enjoyed our time and we were off across the street to see the jolly ole fella. Not before I picked up my 12 tarts. My gawd they are so good. 

Ole Santa made my day by saying, smile, your DAD :w00t:, is going to take our picture. LOL

MVhlmUO.jpg?1

Time well spent with my granddaughter. :canadian:

• Like 1

Did another quick tour this morning. Not as busy as yesterday. Managed to run into some old friends. Leon. The creator of the Simcoe bug . Still laughing about the day he helped get my truck unstuck 20 years ago. Then this santa looking guy pops up. MR.B, Rattletrap. Have not seen each other in many years. Met his daughter from the board here,al87_outdoors . Wonder gal.

Now to start looking for some ice to fish on. The bug has gotten a hold of me.

1 hour ago, misfish said:

Did another quick tour this morning. Not as busy as yesterday. Managed to run into some old friends. Leon. The creator of the Simcoe bug . Still laughing about the day he helped get my truck unstuck 20 years ago. Then this santa looking guy pops up. MR.B, Rattletrap. Have not seen each other in many years. Met his daughter from the board here,al87_outdoors . Wonder gal.

I thought you might be out on the Lake by the condo, 1 walker and 2 huts out on the west end.  One was a red hut.

I enjoyed my visit to the show.  Hopefully as the years pass it will grow.  It would be nice if there were more vendors there.  Maybe a combined show of ice fishing and winter hunting?  That may result in more diversity and a greater attendance.  Just a thought.  :)

I posted several pics on my Instagram account. ->  

On 12/9/2018 at 11:59 AM, misfish said:

Nice to see you there Sunday Morning Brian! Thanks again for making us aware of the show. I really had a good time and spent some money too! All three of us did!

Any chance to get out and listen to some good seminars and browse some tackle on a cold winter day is worth it to me!

We did stop by Cabela's afterwards as well and was very impressed with Santa there.