Ice fishing show Barrie

misfish

Just a trace here Brian with winds up to 40 mph, although our typical eastern Ohio snow belt along the lake could get 6 inches. The weather here the last couple of weeks with cooler than normal temps and a lot of windy days makes it pretty easy for me to understand the sort of slow changes in the leader board of that Lake Erie walleye thing going on now, it hasn't been great weather for boats to get out on Erie, and with up to 10 foot waves crashing against the shore line at times it limits that too!

Hope you get some good ice, I know a lot of you guys enjoy that kind of fishing.

14 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

Just a trace here Brian with winds up to 40 mph, although our typical eastern Ohio snow belt along the lake could get 6 inches. The weather here the last couple of weeks with cooler than normal temps and a lot of windy days makes it pretty easy for me to understand the sort of slow changes in the leader board of that Lake Erie walleye thing going on now, it hasn't been great weather for boats to get out on Erie, and with up to 10 foot waves crashing against the shore line at times it limits that too!

Hope you get some good ice, I know a lot of you guys enjoy that kind of fishing.

Anyone out on this side of the lake would be suicidal with all this wind. All the Marinas, all 3, are empty of boats now. It has been an early exit this year. I haven't been on the lake since Sept. 1st. 

12 hours ago, misfish said:

LOL

Back when,the park held the CFGM country jamberie. Big Jim

Miss the drive through beer store .LOL

I even remember the Baseball tourneys we had there. We even played a few games in between sampling the sponsors products. Funny how we were always out by Saturday afternoon. No one was going to play on a Sunday morning after Saturday night. A rookie actually stole home for a run and I thought the old guys were going to beat him senseless. He was bewildered until told why. 

7 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

Went last year, it’s a small show. Couple small vendors. Probably better off just a trip to cabelas In the area lol. 

For the 1st  it was pretty good . This is a ice fishing show, not a sports show, so you are there for ice fishing. With Over 50 Exhibitors under one roof  this year, I am looking forward to it. Although I really do not need anything, it,s good to meet up with friends and  my granddaughter cant wait.

7 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

Went last year, it’s a small show. Couple small vendors. Probably better off just a trip to cabelas In the area lol. 

I found the show decent last year. Some interesting new products and lots of information to be had. Not very often do you get that many ice fishing experts under one roof. Looking forward to going back this year. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobowski said:

I found the show decent last year. Some interesting new products and lots of information to be had. Not very often do you get that many ice fishing experts under one roof. Looking forward to going back this year. 

Its good if you live in the are, but I wouldn't drive 90 minutes for it. There are some good vendors there specifically for ice fishing though. Last year I made a day trip out of it and hit up all the stores in the area. 

Heres a picture they posted of it last year to give people an idea of the size of show.

IFSBMC.jpg

Looking forward to the 2nd year of this event! It was pretty decent for it's first go last year and I'm sure that it will be better this year! I'm flying on Fri. from the B.A.S.S. Team Championships on the Harris Chain and coming right up to Barrie and the SHOW! Drop into the HT Booth and say hi! I'll be presenting a couple of seminars on stage as well! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

• 3 weeks later...