Open seat - Kawartha Muskie..

KraTToR

Seriously considering going out tomorrow (Nov. 4th) for some fall muskie.  Temps look decent and not much wind... Not sure if we'll get another day like it this year..

If you're interested please PM me.  Will be leaving from Courtice (between Oshawa and Bowmanville).

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, Rizzo said:

ya wind is the killer for st c. This time of the year it is often a trip-canceller

Monday was the 3rd 50 year wind storm we have had in accompanied with rain here in the last 2 years on the Haldimand (north)shoreline of Lake Erie as well as the two 100 year wind storms in 2 years. Those 2 wiped out my armour rock break wall. The 2 tornados we had one afternoon this summer don't count. I don't regret spending the extra money for the best hurricane rated windows I could buy installed here. Both the BBQ and patio table are secured to the decks 2X6's with 5" lag screws. The wind flipped over my 12" mitre saw complete with legs and outriggers as well as the large table saw. Zebra mussels and bloom algae hanging high from the branches of a huge Spruce 70' feet from the waters edge isn't something you see everyday. I would think a few fishing trips were cancelled this week, I hope. 

the wind we have had this fall is nuts...not to mention the fact that it has rained I think 98% of the days since september...all good after the drought we had this summer, but thinking back to previous years, we always had that stretch sometime in october or november where it was pleasant to be in the boat, and it hasnt been since september. 

Its a weird limbo...I think im starting to accept that the boat has to go away next weekend before the big snowfalls come...If thats the case, after next weekend, bring on the cold, lets bust out the flashers and short rods.