New PB

spincast

3 hours ago, Rizzo said:

awesome! I think I know where that is. Heading that direction later next week I hope. So how big is your new pb and what was it before?

Ah, interesting story there.  This one wrapped herself up pretty well. We had brought the other line in and it was sitting on the surface. As we are trying to unhook this one, a smaller musky smashes the floating bait and starts wrapping itself in that line! So we put the big girl in the water to breathe while we undo the little one - which took a heck of a lot longer than we thought.Anyway, by the time the big girl was unbuttoned, she was pretty stressed, as you can tell from the colours. Not wanting to stress her any more, it was a quick snap, back in the water to recover and let loose. So I never did get a measure, not that it matters really. We figure mid forties. I figure I simply need to get a 50 for my next pb :) My one and only prior fish was 34, so I am pretty confident we got that beat.....

3 hours ago, lew said:

I know the spot as well, couple real nice chunky fish there...well done !

thanks Lew - from one of the Musky masters, that i s very kind of you

Edited by spincast
spelling

Good on you to get it back in the water without further delay. I would agree with your assessment of mid 40's...she's a beaut. The best part is, when you get that upper 40's fish or even 50 to bump that one out of being pb. Those bigger girls are like a whole different beast...just bigger all around (usually!). You will know what I mean when you reach that milestone. Good luck and go get it! Lots of time left still this fall (I hope).

On 10/27/2018 at 10:57 AM, spincast said:

Ah, interesting story there.  This one wrapped herself up pretty well. We had brought the other line in and it was sitting on the surface. As we are trying to unhook this one, a smaller musky smashes the floating bait and starts wrapping itself in that line! So we put the big girl in the water to breathe while we undo the little one - which took a heck of a lot longer than we thought.Anyway, by the time the big girl was unbuttoned, she was pretty stressed, as you can tell from the colours. Not wanting to stress her any more, it was a quick snap, back in the water to recover and let loose. So I never did get a measure, not that it matters really. We figure mid forties. I figure I simply need to get a 50 for my next pb :) My one and only prior fish was 34, so I am pretty confident we got that beat.....

Congrats on the PB and cool story