WOW, talk about good luck...NF

lew

2 years ago for our 50th wedding anniversary I bought my wife a beautiful $1000 diamond anniversary ring that she wears all the time with her wedding rings. 

Because of some recent weight loss the rings are a bit looser than they used to be.

Last night we went out for dinner like we do every Friday night but when we got home she realized the ring was missing from her finger. Looked everywhere and couldn't find it and thought maybe when she removed her coat in the restaurant it may have caught on the sleeve and got pulled off. She called the restaurant and they remembered us and went to check our seats and sure enough they found the ring where it had come off & slipped behind the seat cushion.

Chalk that one up to a very lucky evening :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2

Betcha you where both happy with that outcome Lew. 

I have a ring story as well. I got a silver ring with the letter S engraved on it for a grade 5 graduation present from my grand parents. It was also too big. One day at public skating at the arena I lost it. Made a report in the office but never expected to see it again. Gord Brown who ran the arena and was also my coach one year said he would keep an eye out for it. Fast forward to the spring and my folks get a phone call and you guessed it my ring was found. When they where taking the ice out at the end of the season it was frozen right up tight against the boards behind one of the nets. Can't imagine how many hundreds or thousands of people skated past/over it for the months it was stuck there. 

A $1000.00 ring is easy to pawn; so yes I agree with fisherman good staff at this Swiss Chalet.

Buy them a pizza LOL

Another ring story.

If anyone knows how tobacco was harvested back in the 70 & 80s. The primer would pick the leaves off the plant and put them into a basket. That basket would then be brought up to the tying machine, from the fields. That's where the leaves would be tied onto sticks. From there an elevator would bring the sticks into the kiln to be hung on the rafters for curing. During all of this there is breakage and the floor of the kiln would need to be raked clean. Well at lunch time my brother in-law (One of the primers) noticed his wedding ring was gone. Not wanting to upset my sister he kept quite; not knowing how to tell her the ring is gone. At the end of the day my dad was raking out the kiln and heard something rattling on the rake. Sure enough it was the ring; what are the chances? My dad found my brother (in-law) before he had to break the bad news to my sister. We all laugh about it now; but how did that ring make it all the way to my dad?  My sister and brother in-law are still married after 38 years and are still going strong; he still has the ring!

Dan.

While we're talking about wedding rings - years ago I worked at Bell Telephone Laboratories in a group developing underwater submarine cable systems - one day I had a brazing torch in my hand and an old engineer came over and asked me to put some heat on his wedding ring - somehow he had gotten some mercury on this gold wedding ring and what happens is the mercury enters the gold  and makes it brittle - so he lays the ring on the table and asks me to put the flame on the ring and vaporize the mercury out of the ring - so I put the flame on the ring and we're both watching it - all of a sudden the gold ring got real bright and it melts into a flat blob - we both looked at each other - he picks the flat blob of gold up and says - my wife is going to kill me