True is True. Don’t shoot the messenger ?

captpierre

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

https://troegs.com/beer/mad-elf/

Pop a top on a few of these!

Here's a beer that any self respecting Walleye would like.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/duvel/379990#.W9Yd6ntKj3g

Even with its 8.5% it's a smooth beer that can kick your ass and you won't know it till you try and stand up.  Belgium is not big in the world scene; but they know how to brew a great beer. Not cheap but get a 4 pack and cool it just short of freezing and enjoy.

Dan.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Here's a beer that any self respecting Walleye would like.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/duvel/379990#.W9Yd6ntKj3g

Even with its 8.5% it's a smooth beer that can kick your ass and you won't know it till you try and stand up.  Belgium is not big in the world scene; but they know how to brew a great beer. Not cheap but get a 4 pack and cool it just short of freezing and enjoy.

Dan.

LOL, Dan MS has had me walking like a drunk since 2004, I don't need to add alcohol! I just look at what my kids buy and get a buzz.

1 hour ago, jerpears1 said:

Walleye are more difficult to hook into then bass, I'll give you that one (Except in Northern Ontario. There everything is easy to catch)

But in terms of fight its not even close. I'd rather reel a water soaked log off the bottom of the lake then fight a walleye. 

Yeah, maybe, but a big bass is what.....5 or 6 lbs? Real fish eat them for lunch. I just can't see the point in fishing for a species of fish, where a big one is only 5lbs.  Seriously, whats the point? 

S. 

2 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Walleye are more difficult to hook into then bass, I'll give you that one (Except in Northern Ontario. There everything is easy to catch)

But in terms of fight its not even close. I'd rather reel a water soaked log off the bottom of the lake then fight a walleye. 

Lack of fight for eyes is not my experience jigging. Maybe trolling 

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

Yeah, maybe, but a big bass is what.....5 or 6 lbs? Real fish eat them for lunch. I just can't see the point in fishing for a species of fish, where a big one is only 5lbs.  Seriously, whats the point? 

S. 

I can never garentee I have a bass in the boat unless I'm lipping it. The jumps, the runs, the run into cover. In a kayak this past summer I had a bass practically pull me into the lily pads. I was able to turn him around and he made a beeline right towards the boat where he jumped a few good feet in the air then proceeded to walk along the top of the water.

Big fish are nice but I love the acrobatics and the head shakes of bass. I'd love to hook into some 10 pounders down in the states. 

Now that being said, if we all wanted big fish that are difficult to catch in freshwater, we should all go carp fishing. ?

Edited by jerpears1

2 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Same here, except the fish tastes a bit better!! I think of them as dishrags

7 hours ago, Sinker said:

S. 

with a comment like that, i hope you fish musky...also...largemouth go 20+ lbs so they actually get heavier than walleye lol. Our climate in Ontario just doesnt allow it.

i get it...guys like fishing salmon, but trolling is probably the crappiest form of fishing around.

Yes, ill be the first to admit swinging a salmon on the fly in a river is top notch fishing, but you arent gonna have many 50 fish days doing that either.

I will make one comment about the MEME

I never have had a day where I anchored and didnt switch baits and caught 50 bass...ive done it walleye fishing though.

Edited by AKRISONER