Late Fall Kawartha Crappie & Perch?

KawarthaAngler

Hi there.

Anyone do any late fall Crappie or Perch fishing in the Kawartha's?  I've done spring Crappie fishing and guys will talk about it (and some of the fishing shows cover it) but don't hear much about late fall.  A friend of mine mentioned it to me a couple years back.  I've tried it a bit and not had any luck.  Anyone try it and have luck?  If so, any tips?

Thanks!

Thanks BillM.

I understand they are quite temp sensitive. In the spring once the water temp is just right I know they move into the shallows.

What water temp would play a part of them coming back to shallower areas in the fall?  I haven't been on the water in a few weeks so don't know what the temp is at the moment.

Used to do it on one of the more southern kawartha lakes until it turned into a free for all, basically the area was fished out.  I tried it on the lake I live on once and did okay, but could never repeat it.  I'm talking crappie.  Perch can be found in schools along weed lines, just have to find a nice day to be able to work it properly. Temp is mid to low 50's if not less.