looking for info on a baitcaster rod

hotsky

Sorry for the noob question , but Im looking for some into on a Shimano compre baitcaster rod. model is CO-76XH. I know it 7.5 feet...extra heavy? whats the ideal use? too thin for musky I think, too short for salmon... and is this something of any value or is it a walmart special cheapo rod?

Koi2NID.jpg

sFwhHmb.jpg

HrXr8so.jpg

Super old rod, maybe one of the first compre’s.

as chuck said pitching flipping worming in cover.  It looks like a spinning rod handle....

its value now isn’t very much, unless it’s new or like new with the tags for a collector.  Used condition under $50 

I'd have to echo what others have said. I have owned two compres and this rod is older than either of them.

Definitely a model in their bass lineup put would handle pike and smaller muskies fine. Length and lure rating would be ideal for flipping/pitching, possibly punching and for sure frogging depending on the taper.

These rods aren't something you will find at Walmart or most Canadian tires but they are not cheap. I think their current price is in the $120-$150 range. The ones I had were nice for their time for sure. I sold them a few season after getting them for $50-$80 dollars.

• 2 weeks later...