This will keep some boats in the water late this year!

OhioFisherman

13 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

I don't know much about them myself grim, but it looks like a good boat for walleye fishing here on Lake Erie. They get some real pigs on Erie here this time of year, it will be interesting to see how big of a fish wins it?

Growing up , the world record was listed as a 22 1/2  pound fish from the mouth of the Niagara on Erie , fishing is better now than then but 14 is about as big as I have heard in the last 20 years.  If I was getting a walleye boat for Erie it would be a 20-22 foot walkaround cuddy.

54 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Looks like a great boat to me.  I'm sure there will be some real local ringers entered in that Derby! I hope it goes well for them weather wise.

" Anyone can participate from novice to professional angler and have a great time with a chance to fill the top 5 payout spots! "

No need for ringers, it's a wide open event, and I am guessing some charter  captains that spend a lot more time on Lake Erie may have an edge?

Many years ago I went out with my dad and my brother for walleye one day, off in the distance I could see something that looked like an island, so I asked my brother what island was that? In  a place I knew didn't have any, no island, boats, it was a circus, people casting, people trolling and seemingly not enough sense to stay out of each others way. Luck will still be a factor! Ya, weather will be a factor, Erie can get dicey quick, and this time of year it's no joke.

59 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Growing up , the world record was listed as a 22 1/2  pound fish from the mouth of the Niagara on Erie , fishing is better now than then but 14 is about as big as I have heard in the last 20 years.  If I was getting a walleye boat for Erie it would be a 20-22 foot walkaround cuddy.

http://wrec.igfa.org/WRecordsList.aspx?lc=AllTackle&cn=Walleye

That is the record I remember Dave, not from Erie, but a big fish!

The bank brigade is still in the lead with an 8.45 fish, and with the storms this weekend it wasn't a boating weekend! Still like 40k people without power in our area, high wind took down a lot of trees and power lines.

Just guessing that a rattle trap is still a go to bait for the fall walleye bite from shore.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

man, am i the only one that thinks they ruined a really nice boat with that ugly green evinrude and crappy stickers?

If you are going to slap 100 decals on a boat, at least make them match the colour scheme.

LOL, but the price is right? 1 walleye? It just has to be the biggest one? They updated the prize list, some serious cash for  2 - 5, and even 1st in the kids division gets a boat.

44 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

LOL, but the price is right? 1 walleye? It just has to be the biggest one? They updated the prize list, some serious cash for  2 - 5, and even 1st in the kids division gets a boat.

$100,000 boat with a bunch of crappy miscoloured stickers and some random green accents...

I bet the $20,000 looks better lol

i mean at the end of the day, what do you expect from a walleye guys on lake erie, they arent neccesarily graphic designers or guys with a great taste for looks...but thats an expensive as hell boat that look damn good on their own. Look at the one they have on the warrior website...looks like a war machine with nice styling.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Haha 1

LOL, ya Akri, the one on their website does look a lot better, even with a Yamaha on it. If I was spending my money on a boat I wouldn't want it decal-ed up like a clown car. Now if someone wanted to give me one for a 30 buck investment? I could probably live with it. 

I remember some years ago guys from the board used to have a meet and greet fishing expedition at the Bay of Quinte and catch some hog walleye. You would think a tournament like this one might be popular in that area?

4k entries, and the entry fee is basically chump change? If you wanted to increase tourism and extend area resorts business season? A lot of people might be interested?

48 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

LOL, ya Akri, the one on their website does look a lot better, even with a Yamaha on it. If I was spending my money on a boat I wouldn't want it decal-ed up like a clown car. Now if someone wanted to give me one for a 30 buck investment? I could probably live with it. 

I remember some years ago guys from the board used to have a meet and greet fishing expedition at the Bay of Quinte and catch some hog walleye. You would think a tournament like this one might be popular in that area?

4k entries, and the entry fee is basically chump change? If you wanted to increase tourism and extend area resorts business season? A lot of people might be interested?

I don't know.  I find the fall walleye fishing on Quinte very hard, so I wouldn`t stand a chance.  I went to one of those meet and greets once and there was a total of two walleye caught and by the same angler. LOL

jimmer, no idea how the walleye fishing works on Lake Ontario or even on the north side of Lake Erie, so it might not be a workable plan?

One of my brothers was much more informed and equipped for walleye fishing on Erie here, but the fall spots don't seem to have changed much over the years here since the rebirth of walleye fishing here.

A fall frenzy for walleye on the north side of Erie?

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

$100,000 boat with a bunch of crappy miscoloured stickers and some random green accents...

I bet the $20,000 looks better lol

i mean at the end of the day, what do you expect from a walleye guys on lake erie, they arent neccesarily graphic designers or guys with a great taste for looks...but thats an expensive as hell boat that look damn good on their own. Look at the one they have on the warrior website...looks like a war machine with nice styling.

I think the term you're looking for is 'butterface'. 

LOL, yep no sense! a tiller!

https://www.boaterexam.com/canada/education/preface-en.aspx

Ohio Boating Laws & Regulations | Boat Ed®

Your boating laws aren't much different than ours, which may be the reason for the 40hp motor?

I  was tooling around in a small boat with a much smaller motor though when I was young, gives a kid a chance to gloat? dad's car, my boat?

• 4 weeks later...