We are down to 3 seasons here.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Like last year we went from summer to winter and skipped fall. We got a foot and a half of snow the first week of October, last year was the 3rd week. At least I got my boat put away in time this year! No raking leaf piles and jumping in them with Jack ,  instead we just built our first snow fort at the weekend. And its COLD! Last 2 weeks has not seen temps much above 0ºC, and some of the small ponds have already got shore to shore skims.............................

148338603_1stice.thumb.JPG.e8f6475c25cc792916fae80bddfd7239.JPG

Bird hunting also took a hit like last year, which is a shame because before the snow fell it was looking like a banner year, I only managed to get out with the kids from work, but each time we went, we got our limit and saw 20+ birds.

b2.thumb.JPG.5a9abd22eac87f9dd5e6ad3b760bb86c.JPG                                          b1.thumb.JPG.00836ada21e62e4fd5a4976d7a003e89.JPG

Fishing is still good from shore, turnover happened real quick this year, and the lake I like to go to shore fishing is already on its downward trajectory in terms of the bite as the fish slow down. Still enough to keep me going back, although ice on the guides makes it a challenge some days. All I can hope for is perhaps 1 shot at crappie in the boat on our lake if my schedule permits, otherwise all there is left to say this year is BRING ON THE ICE!

• Like 1

In the Kawarthas its been fall since the long weekend more or less. There was two days where it was like 28*c but otherwise its been around 10-15* for a good two months. It seems winter and cold weather is early this year though, we had snow last night. 

Nice Simon.

I had a couple of deer visit me this morning on the river. I like the latex gloves as well. I use black ones. I have been wetting my hands then putting them on. Also don't use tight ones. One size up works great.Seems to work for me retaining heat.

19 hours ago, Blue Lk said:

Simon,according to the weather forecast fall returned this morning & will continue for about 1 1/2 weeks :)

IT WORKED, JINXED US!

18 hours ago, Tjames09 said:

In the Kawarthas its been fall since the long weekend more or less. There was two days where it was like 28*c but otherwise its been around 10-15* for a good two months. It seems winter and cold weather is early this year though, we had snow last night. 

From not mowing the lawn since July because of heat/lack of rain to instant winter.....its messed up.

15 hours ago, misfish said:

Nice Simon.

I had a couple of deer visit me this morning on the river. I like the latex gloves as well. I use black ones. I have been wetting my hands then putting them on. Also don't use tight ones. One size up works great.Seems to work for me retaining heat.

I wear extra large, still tight but thats as big as they go. I have big hands.

im.jpg.cee561658a5152e1021bf526400dde01.jpg                    images.jpg.0f6ea7568041f37a3f6ae622d41f3914.jpg