Gogama/Shining Tree area

brkygetr

Hello all, hope everyones summer is going well and the fish are makin it into the boat.

I am wondering if any of the members on here are familiar with this area. I am not local to the area but have spent lots of time up here in the past 10 years. This fall my buddies and I are hading up for our regular fall hunt/fish to our favourite walleye/grouse spot. I had a plan though to go to a lake in the area that my grandparents first took me to almost 25 years ago. I have not been back since and was thinking that the boys would like a change and I would love to get back to the spot that 'hooked' me on fishing. I don't want to name the lake but I can tell you it is a lake trout lake and south of the #560.

Basically if anyone is familiar with the area and has recent (past few years) info on fish popualtions ( as I think this lake had natural fish and I'm not sure the ministry stocks it), road conditions, ect.... just p.m. me and i will let ya know what/where I am looking for.

Thanks guys and gals

Brkygetr

Hi,

Just a tip. This site is known for its openess and willingness to share. You will probably get more responses

if you name the lake. No one expects you to give GPS co-ordinates of your honey holes (though some will go that far even).

Good Luck

Edited by Pochucker

Given how many lakes are in that area, you probably need to be more specific. Besides, it's not like Shining Tree is steps off everyone's porch. I don't see what harm could be done by naming a lake that gets hardly any pressure.

Which camp are you heading? I was at Bay Wolf Camp a month ago; some of the other guests did quite well on nearby trout lakes.

I was up in that area on the May 24th weekend but the lake we fished did not have a trout population. I can say, one of the logging roads we went in on was much improved over last year. After seeing the size of some of those lakes I don't blame you for not naming it. Once you are there you wouldn't need any GPS marks.

hey all, ya I know its not that specific but I got buddies from Timmins that held me in trust of a lot of info for that area that would shoot me if I started naming lakes up there., unfortunaetly they could also not help as they do not fish the lake I am talking about.

Hope you all understand.

Regardless I can just venture in myself as long as the roads to the south are passable (they were pretty bad last fall).

And Golfisher we are not staying at a camp, we stay in the bush, though I hear Bay Wolf does well for their guests (talked to a few guests from their on day trips)

I stay at Bay Wolf and love it there

I go to all the back lake where they have boats and do very well

they do have boats at pike and walleye and trout and speck lakes.....I only do the walleye lakes..but they have great maps for all their guests to find their way around to the lakes

Been there once, Fished the big lake Mesomikenda I think it was called. Good smallie/pike fishin' and I think the season there is open all year, but not sure when the ice would be off the lakes. Have thought many times about heading up there in late May for some ice-out pre-spawn smallies but Mistress Erie won't let me go.

Beautiful area.

Good luck,

Charles