NF - Winter Rims + Sensors

Raycaster

(NON-FISHING)

The Continental Winter tires at CT seem too good to pass up but does anyone have a line on Winter Rims + Sensors?

I just bought a 2016 Ford Edge (245/60/18) and will searching for decent priced steel rims is proving hard.

Also the 3rd party TPMS sensors seem to be hit and miss with the requirement of the TPMS sensor reset gadget...

If anyone can shed light on this I'd really appreciate it. thx

58 minutes ago, porkpie said:

Don't bother with the sensors, just drive with the light on.

Same with me, no sensors in the winter rims either.

Usually 10 - 15 minutes after I start driving there's one little "ding" sound then the small light comes on and that's it, I don't even notice it.

Been driving since 1961 and never needed a sensor to tell me I was low on air pressure before.

• Like 1

LOL,

Lights on the dash drive me nuts...

I plan on using my factory rims as my winter rims and got prices for RTX rims with TPMS sensors for the summer but these rims were winter rated.

The rims I asked about (not steels) were $175 and the TPMS sensors were $70 each. That was for 18" rims. The 17" ones I asked about for $165. The way I looked at it was steels would be about $100 anyway so I might as well use the factory ones and then get a set I like for the summer.

I work as a service advisor at an auto shop. We stock universal tire sensors. Each sensor is programmed before being installed onto the rim and sells for $55 a piece.

If you're having a hard time finding an 18" steel rim- how about downsizing? Try a 17. Can save yourself some bucks this way.