Lund problems ?

captpierre

Joined Lund Boat Owners site on FaceBook. Lots of posts daily.  Seems there are problems with Lund boats. The fibreglass models get cracked hauls. Aluminum boats have rotten transoms. Corrosion in places.  Seems to be mainly in newer boats.  

Its been an eye opener for this Lund owner  2007 Tyee 1750 ?

My '07 x 2150 is still as new. In the water 5+ months of the year for now it's 12th season. The key to corrosion is staying ahead of it. You see any white powder spray it with fluid film.. Once my boat is dry I spray the entire length of all the sister keels and side reinforce strip so it soaks in behind them, so no rivets go nice and puffy white. Did that yesterday and will have to do again if I get out Musky fishing this Fall. Absolutely ZERO leaks to date.

Lund should have stuck with what they know, I shuddered when the fiberglass line came out!

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 1

On that page too... Just as I am Lowrance and as I am... etc.

They become "problem" pages, they're negative most of them.  Just like our evening news...  In Lunds case, I wonder how many Lund owners are happy with their boats but just don't go online on any regular basis to confess their love? lmao!

Had an issue with my new Lund already, but my marina and Lund took care of it entirely.  I'm with Wayne, "The Bomber" sold after 8 years of heavy use and trailering, with not a leak.  But like every other boat, you treat it like crap and don't give it regular winks and TLC, they will get old on you that much quicker.

Although never an issue with an old transom... the new boat has the new transom.  Wonder if other companies will follow suit?

2 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

They become "problem" pages, they're negative most of them.  Just like our evening news...  In Lunds case, I wonder how many Lund owners are happy with their boats but just don't go online on any regular basis to confess their love? lmao!

Good point.

Yes, people are more inspired to complain rather than praise, but when these manufacturers like Princecraft and Lund were gobbled up it's expected that quality and craftsmanship will suffer in the long term. They're still great boats though.

Edited by chris.brock

I am still running a 1989 Fiberglass Ranger boat and the only issue I had to address was where the floatation foam in the floor had shrunk and the glass needed to be reinforced and leveled. As others have said a good boat well taken care of can last a lifetime. 

Art