Boat Carpet installer suggestion request

mistyriver1

Hi Everyone

Just wondered if anybody had any suggestions for businesses that would install new carpet in your boat.  I'm pondering getting this done but can't seem to find anything from my friend google.

I live north of the GTA but am open to driving a bit if necessary.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Absolutely Lew !!

You know it will be 10 years since I bought her from you.  Ill have owned her longer than you next year.  Boat still runs great, it is the perfect layout and she has lots of good karma.

Got a new cover for her this year so am thinking about getting the carpet redone.  Corey got himself a 17 foot Lund this year (dual console)....Still like fishing in the Crestliner better.

42 minutes ago, mistyriver1 said:

You know it will be 10 years since I bought her from you.  Ill have owned her longer than you next year.  Boat still runs great, it is the perfect layout and she has lots of good karma.

Here's the day it became official Jim, really has been a long time.

Cnv0314.jpg

23 minutes ago, mistyriver1 said:

I remember that day very well.

Scary thing now Lew is I am probably that much shorter than Ben :o

Great memory for sure B)

It'd be great to see Ben & Cory again, hard to believe how they've grown now.

1 hour ago, Whopper said:

Blast from past lol.

It's been at least 10 years since since I fished out of that Crestliner ? WOW

That boat has served both of you guys well

Think Im about the same. That boat catches musky off the bow, and bass off the stern. :lol:

Your right Lew, that was the first time and first muskie too ☺️

Jim I know you know where that is lol, the last picture I saw of the boys I couldn't believe my eyes, Cory needed a haircut and Ben was a giant.

BTW, I still fish out of the same shirt ?

I live in the Peterborough area and started to look into getting boat recarpeted a year ago.  I found there weren't any places that wanted to take on such a job.  I ended up doing the work myself and doing it in pieces.  So far it has gone well.

I purchased my marine carpet from https://www.jtsoutdoorfabrics.com/

I talked to a couple local flooring stores and they only sell outdoor carpet.  It isn't the same.  It doesn't have a rubber backing and it doesn't have a tight weave.  Definitely purchase quality marine carpet if you go that route.   One of the stores I talked to told me a fellow asked them to recarpet his boat.  Because it is so much labor I was told that even though it was only approx $400 in material the bill was still upwards of $5K.   It just depends on what type of boat you have and how much is carpeted.   

For me, I'm just replacing the carpet on the horizontal parts that I walk on.  Those are the areas that are a problem.  The sides of my boat are fine and so I'm not doing the sides (it's a Fish & Ski boat, so every damn inch of the inside is carpeted).  I could not get same colour so I picked black which now gives the boat a 2-tone look and it looks fine.

I found I need to replace the wood because its rotting.  I didn't plan for that, so that adds to the job.   I just use the old piece as a template and cut a new piece.  Just need a jig saw, a scroll saw and a power drill.  There are lots of YouTube videos on this.  They are a good resource if you want to give it a try.

A couple pics from when I was doing the bow section.

IMG_2247.JPG

IMG_2253.JPG

Edited by KawarthaAngler

When you pull it all out and do new wood Jim.. wrap it all in vinyl and forget about it for the rest of your life!! Ditch the permanent carpet and add some snap ins if you like. Love mine. I roll the snap in carpet up and store before the Fall Musky hunt begins..

summer2017 1780.JPG

Edited by irishfield