Samsung tv power on issue NF

misfish

The tv is 5 yo. Works great. All of a sudden got an issue with the power on. Takes a bit to finally get it on. Unplug,plug back in numerous times. Have to use the push button on the side of the tv. Oh and the converter works ( once the tv comes on ), so it,s not the batterys.   I really think this is a easy fix, but thought I would ask all my friends here first if any one else has had this problem and if they got it fixed. Really don't have a grand to burn on a new tv. Ya theres cheaper ones out there, and ya, get a couple of years for 3-4 hundo is a deal I guess.

Sorry for the NF, but had too.

B

27 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Mine would turn off while viewing it! Giggle the cable and on it came. Called Rogers and they told me to change it. Bought one for 12, dollar store  3. The cheap one is fine. Find out I already had two spares. :)

This worked for me. 

Well we have a new one here. Just found it.  Will try it later. TV is working and the voice is coming on. I dont want to here those nasty words. LOL

Will post out come later.

Thanks

Best guess Brian is that you have a wonky power supply in the TV. Likely, it didn't like the spikes sent through the lines during one of our many thunderstorms and your power supply has taken the hit.

It Samsung is anything like Panasonic, the power supply module is around $500 to replace.

I'd be looking at Costco for a replacement and buying the 5 year extended warranty for $60.

Sorry to be the one to pass along bad news...

HH

Power bars are useless for power surges. In order to get real power surge protection, you need to spend big bucks! A $15 power bar is  not going to be able to do that for you. A power condition will do that, but $$$$$$!

You may have an opportunity to get some money back from your power supplier in Barrie, if you can show them that their dirty power is what killed your TV. A quick call to your provider will give you the info you need.

Good luck Brian.

HH

New Samsung hooked up, WITH POWER SURGE protection. Walmart had a great deal. 42" HD 7. Got warranty as well. If we get 5 years out of it for the price I paid, way ahead of the game.

I will take the other in to have a look see. If it,s a cheap fix, it will go on the wall in the bed room. LOL

Thanks guys

Now to get through friday, and I am fishing 9 days straight. :canadian: