Kawartha Muskie Report

KraTToR

Despite the 80%/10mm rain forecast a buddy and I headed out for some fall Muskie.  After all that  all we experienced was a 20 min. rain shower which was way better than expected and the afternoon temp was very pleasant.

We were on the water by 9am and off at 6pm.. fishing was on and off all day and the bite didn't start until around noon.  Water temp was still 60 deg. and we ended up landing 3/5 skis and one aggressive largie.  All fish came on med sized baits in bright perch patterns, mine all came on a super shad rap (including the bass) retrieved at a high rate of speed.

Although the fish we're that big they were very fun to catch as I'm sure you've all experienced..

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

4 minutes ago, KraTToR said:

Well i'm going back this weekend, i'll let you know :)

Troll along shore and offshore hump weed edges. 15-20 ft deep.  Run baits close to bottom. Fish see a lot of baits this time of year. Especially weekends. Good luck 

• 2 weeks later...

A buddy and I did a kawartha lake last Thursday and Sunday. We went 3 for 5 on the Thursday in the last half of the day and only boated one on Sunday.  All were small fish and most were caught trolling in shallow water.  The largest (35") was caught casting.  All on spinnerbaits.  The wind sure made it a challenge on both days.

Very nice man!!   Went 2 for 3 on a Kawartha lake last week.   The biggun which was missed was hooked while walleye fishing at the end of the day (Go figure)   I'd like to get back out there a few more times before the really cold weather hits.