Simcoe - Smallies or Pike?

hutch4113

Going to be heading out on Saturday out of Kempenfelt.  Two part really - 1st is to test a new Prop.  But once that is out of the way, going to fish for the day.  Probably head up towards Orillia and/or go down to Cooks Bay.

Not looking for your Hot Spots - more of a general idea of what the fish are doing (of course if you want to share some areas, feel free to do so ?).  

This will be my 1st time fishing on it this year, so definitely out of practice.  

4 hours ago, Dan668 said:

Smallies for sure. Not simcoe, but hit gbay a week and a half ago, and couldnt believe the amount of 4-6lbs we caught. 

I'm heading up next week to the bay, would be curious to know the depth/pattern that was working for you, if you don't mind sharing. 

On 10/4/2018 at 2:59 PM, FishyFishy said:

I'm heading up next week to the bay, would be curious to know the depth/pattern that was working for you, if you don't mind sharing. 

I was fishing mid lake humps with green weeds. Out in 20 ft deep, casting shallower. The big smallies came off dropshot, fish were hugging the bottom. Caught a nice largie and a few smaller but great size fish off a chatterbait rigged with a swimbait. 

10 minutes ago, David Chong said:

My understanding is that the Smallies are on the chew! Hope to get up there next week and check it out! There should still be some big girls shallow! That being said there are some giant pike out there as well! 

Yup, the crowd is starting David. I could not believe the size of the new 225 4 stroke on the back of the Kelsey sponsored boat. It,s the size of a fridge. :w00t:

33 minutes ago, misfish said:

Yup, the crowd is starting David. I could not believe the size of the new 225 4 stroke on the back of the Kelsey sponsored boat. It,s the size of a fridge. :w00t:

Yeah, I figured that it would! As long as they're all letting the big girls go then it's all good! Be safe out there everyone!