Ontario rolls out new hunting, fishing licensing system

Terry

https://www.sootoday.com/local-news/ontario-rolls-out-new-hunting-fishing-licensing-system-1059920

NEWS RELEASE
MINISTRY OF NATURAL RESOURCES AND FORESTRY
On Nov. 26, 2018 there will be a better way for hunters and anglers across Ontario to get their Outdoors Cards and hunting and fishing licensing products.

"The new fish and wildlife licensing service that we are launching in November will make getting outdoors easier for hunters and anglers. The service will be easy to use, with new features like a mobile Licence Summary and a single Outdoors Card,” said Jeff Yurek, minister of Natural Resources and Forestry.

To support transition to the new service, there will be two planned service interruptions:

• From Nov. 19 to 25, 2018, there will be no fishing or hunting licences for sale.
  • From Nov. 19 to Dec. 31, 2018, licences requiring a game seal will not be available for purchase. All fishing and hunting licences not requiring a game seal will be available for sale.

Plan ahead: all 2018 licences requiring a game seal need to be purchased before Nov. 19, 2018.

As of Jan. 1, 2019 – all hunting and fishing licences will be available for purchase during their regular timeframes.

For all the information you need about fishing and hunting licences in Ontario, please visit here.

Glad all I need is a birth certificate to go fishing .  I'm so sorry I supported the adoption of a resident angling license back in the mid 80's on the promise the revenue would be used to enhance  the resource, it has turned in nothing more than a money grab anymore with the revenue going into the general pot.

Edited by dave524
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Glad all I need is a birth certificate to go fishing .  I'm so sorry I supported the adoption of a resident angling license back in the mid 80's on the promise the revenue would be used to enhance  the resource, it has turned in nothing more than a money grab anymore with the revenue going into the general pot.

That's the way it was sold to all of us in the 80s, as I recall too Dave. 

I believe that in BC, about half the revenue from fishing licences goes directly back to the fishery.

5 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

That's the way it was sold to all of us in the 80s, as I recall too Dave. 

I believe that in BC, about half the revenue from fishing licences goes directly back to the fishery.

From what I understand, the license revenue is used to fund fisheries.  However, our fisheries were well funded before the licences were introduced.  The license revenue was supposed to be over and above the existing funding that came out of general revenues.  But, in the end, license revenue has replaced, not added to, funding from general revenues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 11:05 AM, dave524 said:

I remember those promises as well and things have never quite worked out that way! Let's see how this new system works ou