Lower Twin Lakes Lodge Nakina

PUMP KNOWS

We over nighted there a couple weeks ago, didn't fish. The guys staying there seemed to be bringing in a few walleye.

Borger fished it-  https://www.canadafishingguide.net/lower-twin-lakes-nakina-walleye-brookies-and-birds/

Unfortunately, brook trout closed Labour Day.

I think the owner Mike has some boats cached on Wababimiga. If it was me, I'd spent at least a couple days there looking for monster pikes.

Thanks for the reply.

i was looking at the regs for zone 2 and noticed it was closed for brook trout.

The lodge is close to the border of zone 7 so I looked at the regs and it says it’s closed too but open to these small back lakes.  

That’s where we’ll be targeting brookies.  

7DA0D65E-9CCD-4C1F-8A72-2A9B2E90FA0E.png

254BB3E6-E3D9-4F5F-A9A8-9E467C49CD7B.png

595BC809-EF42-4FF9-9BF3-AD85F0AED0B3.png

I was up there with Chris a couple weeks ago.  I did take a few casts but the area around the docks is super shallow.  I think you're in for a good trip.  I've heard good things about the stocked lakes in that area.  I fish a lot of lake O pike as well and one of the things I learned fishing up there for the first time is that while big jerk baits work well - they are a pain in the butt if the snot rockets are active.  They tend to make a mess of the hooks and themselves.  Catch four or five in a row and it gets tired pretty quick.  Big spoons with a single siwash hook have since taken over about half of the jerk bait box.  Good luck.  Looking forward to some nice pics and vids.  

On 9/22/2018 at 12:17 AM, chris.brock said:

go nuts, those are the stocked, open year round lakes, the naturals in the Drowning and the other nearby rivers are unfortunately closed  

I would love to catch a natural brook trout, I hear they get a lot bigger then the stock ones.

On 9/21/2018 at 12:07 PM, chris.brock said:

I think the owner Mike has some boats cached on Wababimiga. If it was me, I'd spent at least a couple days there looking for monster pikes.

Any reports from Wababimiga?  I searched on here and online and I didn't see anything show up. 

I'll have to ask John when I get up there.

On 9/24/2018 at 1:25 AM, Chuck Enwinde said:

I was up there with Chris a couple weeks ago.  I did take a few casts but the area around the docks is super shallow.  I think you're in for a good trip.  I've heard good things about the stocked lakes in that area.  I fish a lot of lake O pike as well and one of the things I learned fishing up there for the first time is that while big jerk baits work well - they are a pain in the butt if the snot rockets are active.  They tend to make a mess of the hooks and themselves.  Catch four or five in a row and it gets tired pretty quick.  Big spoons with a single siwash hook have since taken over about half of the jerk bait box.  Good luck.  Looking forward to some nice pics and vids.  

Thanks for the heads up. 

I'll have to put a box of single hooked lures together for the purpose of unhooking snot rockets with ease.

Did you guys get into any walleye?

As for pics and vids, I got 2 waterwolf cams and 2 gofish cams that are ready to take some sweet underwater footage.

I can't wait

You should do good, lower and upper twin are hit hard but are very prolific fisheries. Since the lower limits and slot size were introduced the lakes came back. Wababimiga is relatively untapped mostly because of poor access and a lack of walleye but the pike fishing is great. Check out fish on line or ganrac for stocking info on lakes like Robertson, you can kinda  gauge the sizes by the years stocked 3-4 years being prime. 16-20" trout in the rivers around there are not that common but I would think 16 would be easy on some of those stocked lakes.

We spent the night at Lower Twin Lakes then flew out the next morning to Kayedon/ Ogoki. We did catch plenty of walleye during the week up there.

Twin Lakes should be good but I think one of the main attractions of the lodge is the plenty of good back lakes in the area. Talk to the owner, Mike. If it was me, I'd be spending a lot of my time on Wababimiga. 

If you've got specific questions, Jmeyer knows the area like the back of his hand.

On 9/25/2018 at 4:43 PM, Jmeyer said:

You should do good, lower and upper twin are hit hard but are very prolific fisheries. Since the lower limits and slot size were introduced the lakes came back. Wababimiga is relatively untapped mostly because of poor access and a lack of walleye but the pike fishing is great. Check out fish on line or ganrac for stocking info on lakes like Robertson, you can kinda  gauge the sizes by the years stocked 3-4 years being prime. 16-20" trout in the rivers around there are not that common but I would think 16 would be easy on some of those stocked lakes.

On 9/25/2018 at 9:05 PM, chris.brock said:

We spent the night at Lower Twin Lakes then flew out the next morning to Kayedon/ Ogoki. We did catch plenty of walleye during the week up there.

Twin Lakes should be good but I think one of the main attractions of the lodge is the plenty of good back lakes in the area. Talk to the owner, Mike. If it was me, I'd be spending a lot of my time on Wababimiga. 

If you've got specific questions, Jmeyer knows the area like the back of his hand.

Thanks guys!