The wierdest place you met for buying

misfish

We all know it,s best when buying a classified product, is to meet in a open people around area.

I bought a finder off a fella years ago. When we decided on a meet up spot, I thought to myself, dead man walking. With that said, we met up, I bought that used finder and made my escape quick and alive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can,t say meeting up at a funeral home is the best place, but it all worked out fine. LOL

:w00t:

2 minutes ago, misfish said:

We all know it,s best when buying a classified product, is to meet in a open people around area.

I bought a finder off a fella years ago. When we decided on a meet up spot, I thought to myself, dead man walking. With that said, we met up, I bought that used finder and made my escape quick and alive,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can,t say meeting up at a funeral home is the best place, but it all worked out fine. LOL

:w00t:

I once bought a floater suit off a shady character right at his front door....in Barrie. :rofl2:

• Haha 2

I was selling my winter tires two years ago on KIjiji. Met the buyer  at our offices, parking lot industrial area.

Went outside behind a friend (6' 5") the buyer greeted him and he told him I was the seller. Paid cash quick and left. My friend was just going to get something out of his car :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I once bought a floater suit off a shady character right at his front door....in Barrie. :rofl2:

You were not the first,nor have been the last. LOL

Naw once stopped by to pick something up. He left with a full belly of home made  shrimp Alfredo. This while his girl friend was sitting in the car. LMAO

14 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

I was selling my winter tires two years ago on KIjiji. Met the buyer  at our offices, parking lot industrial area.

Went outside behind a friend (6' 5") the buyer greeted him and he told him I was the seller. Paid cash quick and left. My friend was just going to get something out of his car :)

Sometimes,size matters Albert. LOL

1 hour ago, misfish said:

You were not the first,nor have been the last. LOL

Naw once stopped by to pick something up. He left with a full belly of home made  shrimp Alfredo. This while his girl friend was sitting in the car. LMAO

Wait, i didn’t get food. Also I think you just left me the battery on your front door because you were out fishing  

Also I think this creepy guy asked me to meet him at his work in Barrie to buy a smitty sled off of him. Thank goodness I had my 14 year old fishing buddy to watch my back....... wait. Let me start again. XD 

Edited by jerpears1

Just met a dude in Ingersoll, I'm jealous of his garage! Lol the footprint of it was as large as his house ?

Managed to get 9 trolling reels and 3 rods for $350 ?

3 okuma reels (2 convector 30's and a stratamaster 20)

Rapala rsc 30

Shimano tr 200 x5

An okuma classic glt dipsy

And 2 walker Chinook spiral wrapped rods ?

• Like 1

I once met a seller of a float suit on the corner of Front and Yonge Street. Tried it on, it fit, handed over the cash and left. He was from the board as well. 

We had a laugh about the optics of trying on a float suit in the financial district but hey it worked for both of us. 

Many transactions at places like Tim's, shopping mall food court, Gagnon Sports, Starbucks.

Have had a couple people come to my home for large items such as selling a car, selling our old kitchen cupboards, selling an old Johnson 20hp, etc.  They all went well.

Weirdest was many years ago I went to a home to look at an item for sale and it turned out I was at the wrong house.  But the person was renting the home or the basement or something ... can't recall.  Anyhow ... the woman thought I was there to look at the rental.  It took a little while before I realized something wasn't right and that I was at the wrong house.  Kind of funny but where it got weird is she didn't want me to leave.  I said I had to go since I'm at the wrong place and she said no, stay and actually grabbed my arm to stay.  There wasn't anything creepy about it (and it wasn't like some fantasy where she wanted to 'shag me') .. LOL ... I think she was really desperate to rent the place out and wanted to sell me on it.  That was an odd one.  :)

Last year was looking for an outboard, had been communicating with a guy through kijiji. I had a price in mind I was willing to pay ($800...it was listed for $900) and hoping to negotiate to that amount in person. We made plans to meet on a Wednesday. On Tuesday a buddy of mine found out about it. To help me out he also contacted the seller and low balled him. They negotiated a price of $700 if he came that night to pick it up! So off I went, $700 in hand, pretending to be my buddy. I got the motor for $100 less than I had hoped, and my buddy earned himself a case of beer. When I got home I had an email from seller that I didn't need to come up as motor had been sold. Funny part...I now live in Guelph but drove back to where I used to live in Barrie to get it (maybe a couple km away). Did I mention my buddy used to be a used car salesman? 

I remember selling some husky puppies years ago and the person wanted to meet me on the side of a highway and buy everyone I had.  This was before internet and social media.  I thought it was the strangest request, but gave it a shot.  Sure enough she showed up and bought the lot.

However, I really love it when people come by the house to by an item and walk away with more than they came for.

Well it was in Orillia which I guess is weird enough by itself.  Prearranged after much interweb back 'n forth n' up 'n down.  Sure got some looks carrying a 2 pc 10.5 foot rod n' reel into the Bayside Restaurant.  Sat down, ordered brekky.  Was merrily munching away when a dubious & decrepit character helps himself to a seat at my table.  All eyes on us as we chat away, me demonstrating the features, he doing his usual (trying to haggle the price down).  A little later he walks out with the rod, I pocket his money.  One more clue here to see if HE will admit He was there - his change was $0.01!

Michael