Inflated Worms for Steelhead

FishGuy3754

Hey everyone. I tried inflated worms for steelhead the last couple years and had my best year yet this past spring. I know there are other options but not sure what else might work as good for me. Usually fishing in small creeks/rivers.

Also, just wanted to share this video from FFTROU since they covered inflated worms earlier this year. Tight lines!

6 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Nothing like self promotion.

Yup, I commented on that cheapo frog thing and I guess that was the wrong answer. Crickets. :D

Oh and tell Bobby cranking like a mad man while the drag is screaming out line = Awesome! lol

Edited by grimsbylander

Reminds me of Forty Creek where it passes under the north service road, it's open all year and I have caught Bows in the spring and salmon, bows and browns there in the fall, but not in the last 20 years have I gone there rod in hand and it is a 5 minute walk from my place, just not my idea of fishing.

15 hours ago, dave524 said:

Reminds me of Forty Creek where it passes under the north service road, it's open all year and I have caught Bows in the spring and salmon, bows and browns there in the fall, but not in the last 20 years have I gone there rod in hand and it is a 5 minute walk from my place, just not my idea of fishing.

Hey! Now that you mention it I saw guys down there with cameras one day. Didn't look like fishing, it looked more like they were shooting an episode of Ozarks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So far the only things I've tried for trout were inflated worms with a bottom rig like this video and some small bobber fishing. I heard from a friends father he's used some small insect baits and flys before for trout and did ok.

Also I have fished some small rivers or "ditches" but to me it's more about just enjoying nature and whatever kind of water you find yourself on. I live near a small feeder creek that only really has minnows in it and even just fishing for some minnows can be a relaxing time.