Nymphs,woolys and smoked chops,,,,,,

misfish

Got out on the bay this morning. Was calm til around 8 am, then all hell winds from the west came from no where. Headed in and headed home. Spent the rest of the morning tying and getting the chops I had soaking in apple/pineapple juice, ready for the smoker.

Woolies and nymphs,and chops done.

xp5OH6P.jpg

mxOoAmS.jpg?1

While the chops rest, I need to get the Alfredo done, before the ladies get home from work and school.

Edited by misfish

Hmm, I've never thought of soaking pork in juice as a marinade. I do pork chops in my big chief all the time, generally I dry spice for a couple of hours and then into the smoker. Vacuum seal the rest after saving a few and freeze. Only takes a few minutes in the pan after that as they're half cooked already. Funny enough, the one spice that has stayed with every batch since I first tried it on a whim is curry powder. Who'd a thunk.

Misfish I highly recommend you try making your own smoked "Canadian " bacon. I've done it twice now and the results are excellent to astounding. ;)  Because my Big Chief barely hits 150 I finish them off in the oven. I basically follow this recipe but add extra garlic, peppercorns, bayleaf, thyme. The ratio of curing salt is paramount.  https://nwedible.com/how-to-make-canadian-bacon-at-home/

I saw fresh loins at 1.44lb  today at Freshco. I know what I'm doing next week now. Good time too restock on mince too.

IMG_0661.thumb.JPG.79cf5a8e240d08d223e3d41eef318fdc.JPG

Edited by smitty55

back to Smitty, Brian might already know that.................?

I cut the end steaks off the pork loins, generally about a half-inch thick. Brine is apple juice, garlic and brown sugar, overnight, then into the Big Chief for one pan of smoke.  Then BBQ the smoked pork steaks.

I use the same brine for the loin roast, but it sometimes gets a second pan of smoke.  Roast smoked pork loin is awesome, and the gravy is out of this world.

Doug

PS)  I did up a batch of pork tenderloin bacon and it is pretty amazing stuff also!