A Sutton River & Trout Fishing Specktacle.

Moosebunk

On 9/17/2018 at 8:37 PM, Jds63 said:

Amazing report Drew !!!!

love your writing style ... started reading it on my lunch , couldn’t stop so went home and took the afternoon off to finish it in peace ... lol

My dad used to take me out to the local creeks many many years ago and we would catch small specks . Wish we could have done a trip like that when he was younger before he passed. 

Your story telling is always fun to read...

OK... I won't send this reply to your boss.  Appreciate you reading the story but please put your job first in the future. ;) lol

You should take the trip in your dad's honor is what you should do.  Back to your roots.  It's the perfect place to think on that.

21 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

ahaha that shot with the piece of wood is amazing. Funny bunk you guys are going through a much heavier ordeal than i do with the boys when we head out on a weekend fishing trip, but it seems like too much time in the boat with anyone is enough to ruffle feathers. I couldnt imagine trying to do it while eating fish every day 2 meals a day lol.

What a report, glad i got to read it in one sitting.

When you described how fly fishing is like a whole other element, that really hit home for me...i dont think its something people understand until they do it.

There's only a handful of friends I could consider doing this kind of trip with.  The older we all get, the more set in our ways we tend to be so if you have friends that you are struggling with on short trips now, chances are you will continue to unless you begin talking about it soon.  My temperament and drive isn't for everyone, and I know this.  So with some friends I am quick and honest to explain that I don't think we would work together well for this or that type of thing.  If they are really your friends, they may or may not like it but, they will ultimately understand and accept that.  Friends I think the world of don't necessarily have the right stuff for certain trips.  And that's not usually a fault of theirs or mine, but more or less just our differences and, my beliefs of how we will manage together on any given trip.  Mike is one guy who puts on his big boy pants, gets his hands dirty, never stops thinking, and in the face of troubled moments usually takes a time out to collect himself.  I'm much the same except I tend to explode for a brief moment when troubled, then it's out and I can chill.  It's never an easy thing though, I have some friends now who likely be ticked off with me for life because I took this trip without them.  To that I say, book yourself the trip and go then.

As far as fly fishing goes, I truly was just in awe of it again, maybe more so than ever before.  IMO it's just not productive enough for certain fishing I like, ie; muskie, lakers, walleye, sturgeon, and others.  That said, trips for specks and pike, maybe more gar at home too, I hope to step up the fly game a little bit more.  It is, as you know, a very rewarding to hook up.  

1 hour ago, RickOnt said:

Hey Bunk

"EPIC"  Truly epic, for sure!!

Amazing trip and fantastic report, Thanx for taking the time

Cheers

Rick

PS    My days of sleeping on the ground are gone so I live these kinda trips thru your reports.

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/woods-expedition-comfort-max-self-inflating-mattress-4-in-0762919p.html#srp

This thing was a bit bulky but AMAZING to sleep on.  Bought it and a single tent that the mattress just fits inside.  The whole thing can be set up on the casting deck of my boat.  Get just as good a night sleep on it as I do the bed at home.  Maybe better with all that fresh O2 passing the nares.

18 hours ago, pics said:

I haven't read it yet but it looks to be a dandy... One quiet morning with a coffee in hand I will read it.. :)

You'll like it I think! You like the northern O trip reports.

Took a long time to read (SPMS, optic neuritis), thanks for effort in writing. Too much to mention, all excellent. Liked the pop culture allusions (fat bottomed gulls, and then there were six) What a great experience .Polar foam bears. HaHa!  Read the whole thing.  Thanks!

Edited by ehg

On 9/19/2018 at 1:22 PM, ehg said:

Took a long time to read (SPMS, optic neuritis), thanks for effort in writing. Too much to mention, all excellent. Liked the pop culture allusions (fat bottomed gulls, and then there were six) What a great experience .Polar foam bears. HaHa!  Read the whole thing.  Thanks!

Good to hear from ya mon chum!  Would be nicer to hear of better health though.

Didn't even think of "then there were six" in reference, you got me looking online now. lol... Fat bottomed gulls, yeah, that was one for sure.

Polar Foam...???  Just an idiot here really. What a dumb play that was. lol

Be well bud. Feel good.

• 1 month later...