Uncut Angling does it again

Jds63

On 9/13/2018 at 11:52 PM, chris.brock said:

gotta love Aaron

I'm in the same mind set, you don't need 900 baits of various sizes and colours, costing $20 each in your tackle box, here he catches two 40" plus pike on a hunk of metal on a pressured lake

Its true though. I must own 100 musky baits. This year I've used 2 of them. I put musky #50 in the boat last time I was out. Same with every species of fish. I own so much gear, and generally only use 2 or 3 of them and do just fine. I'd love to have a 3 lure derby sometime and see what comes of it. 

Aaron is certainly a great entertainer. Good fisherman too, and a great teacher. 

S. 

7 hours ago, Sinker said:

Its true though. I must own 100 musky baits. This year I've used 2 of them. I put musky #50 in the boat last time I was out. Same with every species of fish. I own so much gear, and generally only use 2 or 3 of them and do just fine. I'd love to have a 3 lure derby sometime and see what comes of it. 

Not 100 here... but probably 24 in the big boy box and another 50 in odds and ends muskie/pike/big laker crossovers. And you're totally right, been using about 7 or 8 consistently this season and don't change much because once you have those confidence lures, it's hard to switch out. 

Most of us don't realize how much money we have tied up in our fishing tackle - we keep buying a little over the years and it adds up - if someone were to steal our stuff and we had to replace it we would surprised at what it would cost to do that - then there is the boat and everything else we have - makes me think back to the 50s when I started fishing with a cork,  a hook and some live bait and a steel telescoping rod

• 2 weeks later...